PCnC Automation Owners Group - Page 3

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PCnC Automation Owners Group

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wisecarver sent me a utilitrak pdf and how to adjust them. You will need to take the bearings off. I know this because I wanted to adjust the center wheel on mine. You need a 10 mm socket according to their directions and you can't get at it unless they come off. I think the way to do this is adjust them before they are attached and them put them back on .

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

We need to spec out a replacement low profile linear guide that is tight.

Downloads
    Uploads

Question

I downloaded the pdf off wisecarver's site and it explains how to perform the fit-up adjustments, they should be performed while the carriage’s wheels are engaged with the channel. See attached pixs. Also notice the ultra thin flat wrench to fit between the bearing and rail, also you need a ultra thin walled socket wrench to fit in the nut hole..Those are special tools and I got to do some searching to find them. I wonder if it is worth keeping those UtiliTrak linear guides and guide wheels or should I invest in something better? Anyone have any ideas/pixs of a better linear guide and wheels?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PCnC Automation Owners Group-fit-adjustment-utilitrak-linear-guide-jpg   PCnC Automation Owners Group-fit-adjustment-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I emailed the Bishop wisecarver folks to see if there is a replacement part better suited to this application.

Last edited by luthier; 02-04-2010 at 06:13 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just in case Bill is keeping up with this, he needs to know the legal issues against him haven't dropped by the wayside. Not just with all the other law enforcement agencies, but most recently the prosecutor is looking over the documents provided.
    Bill, this certainly isn't going away...you are a cowardly thief, one that deserves serious jailtime.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I havn’t been watching the forums here much lately, so when I came across all this activity about PCnC, I was surprised to say the least. I am a owner of a 24 x 36, #R-1010, and while this is the first CNC machine I’ve ever bought and/or operated, I must say that I feel I’ve only had minor issues to over-come with it.

Since there seems to be a interest in how people bought theirs I can tell you that I purchased mine through eBay, at which point Bill gave us a 3 weeks build/delivery time. There was only one delay of 10 days, during which Bill relocated from outside Dallas to southern Indiana. At which point it was easier and cheaper for my wife and I to drive down and pickup the machine directly then to have it shipped. I took the PC that was going to be used with the machine down there with us. Bill loaded Mach3 and the profiles and we ran the CNC and PC through their paces for about an hour while Bill tried to show me some of the features, (I say “tried” only in the fact that I was a newbie and didn’t understand a lot of the specialized terms he was using.) But I did leave there feeling that everything worked the way it should.

I am very sorry to hear all the problems so many people are having getting their deliveries these past several months. I know that some people have called Bill a con man and while I won’t argue that one way or the other, I will say that when I met Bill, he seemed genuinely enthusiastic about building and selling these machines.

Several folks have mentioned issues with the machines that HAVE gone out. I’d like to compile a list of them here. I may be having machine issues and have been passing them off as “operator error”, so I’d like to find out what the more experienced owners have to say. And please, if possible, include a picture with a circle around the part you’re referring to. I still get confused by a lot of the terms used.

There appears to have been a few different versions of the rack-n-pinion used on Bill’s machines. My main issue was with the clamps of the “soft” rack-n-pinion system. The hard plastic clamps that hold the belt ends of the “rack”. (I’ll try to get a picture up later.) While I applaud Bill’s use of CNC machine to cut parts for more CNC machines; the plastic just isn’t up to the torque needed to clamp the belt ends and they bend (like most plastic) over time. Aluminum clamps would have been a much higher quality solution.

So what other problems can I expect?

Downloads
    Uploads

Guess you got a machine Bill and his buddies build when they were sober!
    You are lucky... Some got a good machine/Some got a fair machine/Some got a crap machine/Some got a used machine/and some paid in full and got NOTHING!
    Have a good machinist copy those plastic stops into metal ones, they are indeed better, work good and is a small/cheap fix!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ashgrimm View Post
    I waited about 105 days. my cc company lets you file up to 120 days. they filed acharge back with pay pal and pay pal closed the file after 12 days with no responce from bill. I have not heard anything official from my cc company but at this point I dont see how they can deny the charge back.
    Good luck to all. I hope there will be more positive outcomes.
    Ash... Did you hear anything from your CC/paypal yet? I ask because I have the same message now in my paypal account!!

y2k

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Did anyone get their money back? Anyone heard from pcnc?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know one or two got some partial "refunds". I believe Mr. Johnson was in court yesterday with one individual, but haven't heard the outcome...it was small claims court I think. I know one or two others have joined by sending their info on to the detectives and prosecutor's office. I haven't heard back from the prosecutor's yet, but hope to very soon. I also believe his phone is disconnected...again ? To date, he I believe he hasn't responded to any communications with anyone he's screwed over.

I also believe...and hope....that his next communication is something like "hey there, bubba johnson....bend over and pick up that soap for me, will ya ?"

If anyone else has been screwed over by pcnc/bill johnson, and need the contact info on the detective/prosecutor, feel free to contact me either by email or pm.
    Bill

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Show me the money

Quote Originally Posted by y2khines View Post
    Did anyone get their money back? Anyone heard from pcnc?
    I am still waiting. My CC company put the money back into my account, then took it out again after PayPal claimed I had no proof I ever returned the machine. I had offered to send the proof to both PayPal and the CC company, but both said "it wasn't needed at this time". After sending in the proof to the CC company, the money is back in the account, but I still have to wait 45 days for the PayPal response. I have emailed the Sheriff's Department in Vevay to see how they are coming on the case. So far, it seems like no one from Vevay will return an email!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

For some reason, it seems the county prosector is dragging her feet on this. I haven't received any phone calls back from my messages...she has had the documentation for about a month if not more now.

I guess I would urge everyone that has been screwed by pcnc/bill johnson to email me or pm me and I will give you the name and phone number of the county prosecutor...then PLEASE call her ! Maybe if enough of us get after her, we can get sometlhing done....before he takes off !

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Have there been any Mr. PCNC sightings lately? Has anyone heard from him or about his present location? Seems he may have bolted already. Does anyone else wonder if ripoff was intended? Or he spent our money on shop or??? And couldn't cover. Regardless, we're ripped off now, and that's a crime. Wish authorities were a little more forthcoming. Also still thinking about cnc, not sure which way to go. Budget is low (THANKS BILL!) so that is major consideration. Never operated cnc before but would like to incorporate into small woodworking shop. Mainly cutting solid wood parts (3/4"). PCNC had promised to fit that need. Any ideas helpful.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't believe he has bolted....there have been sightings of him during this past week at his shop location. Apparently our funds are going to good use....he's building his new polebarn/shop ?????

I am more optimistic now than ever that he will get his....I won't share alot here right now, but suffice it to say more info is coming to light and I think the slow wheel of justice is pretty close to running this cowardly thief over.

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation

Received an email from Fran Marburgh of the office of the Indiana Attorney General, Customer protection division. I wrote them asking about the status of all of our complains against Bill Johnson of PCnC Automation, and if anything is being done as of yet...... See the reply below:
    Dear Brian,
    I am not sure where you received the information that we have many complaints in our system against this business, but we only have one and that one is yours. At this time, we have not received a written response from them. We have sent a FINAL NOTICE to them which is due by 3/26/10. Until we have a written response from the business, we will have no further update for you. Once a response is received, we will forward that to you for review/rebuttal. If no such response is received, we will be forced to close the file based on their failure to respond and you will need to either take them to small claims court or speak with private counsel in order to seek restitution/resolution.
    Sincerely,
    Fran Marburgh
    Consumer Mediator

I am surprised to hear that I am the only one who wrote to complain about Bill Johnson and PCnC Automation! I thought there were more of you that wrote to the Indiana Attorney General to file a complain?

If it is true that I am the only one that filed a complaint, then Bill Johnson will be laughing all the way to the bank again!!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I filed a complaint online. and received a letter from them stating that my complaint was between two businesses and a civil matter.
    I am not a business. the Indiana attorney general was no help to me and apparently filed my complaint in the round file cabinet.
    Thanks..

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I filed quite a while ago and hadn't heard a thing.

I just re-filed online....we'll see I guess.

I cannot believe that if he simply doesn't respond,
    they will close it ?????????

I also have another surprise for him....very shortly.
    See you soon bill...real soon.

Downloads
    Uploads

y2khines also filed - see post #31

y2khines and ash - did you guys get your money back from PayPal?

I got my last $1000 back that I had given him for a tool changer upgrade but not the money for the router and software.

Maybe everyone should e-mail Fran Marburgh - bdsorcic, do you have her e-mail address?

Dennis

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the address....

Marburgh, Fran [Fran.Marburgh@atg.in.gov]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default PCNC Automation Indiana Attorney General form

Quote Originally Posted by bdsorcic View Post
    Received an email from Fran Marburgh of the office of the Indiana Attorney General, Customer protection division. I wrote them asking about the status of all of our complains against Bill Johnson of PCnC Automation, and if anything is being done as of yet...... See the reply below:
    Dear Brian,
    I am not sure where you received the information that we have many complaints in our system against this business, but we only have one and that one is yours. At this time, we have not received a written response from them. We have sent a FINAL NOTICE to them which is due by 3/26/10. Until we have a written response from the business, we will have no further update for you. Once a response is received, we will forward that to you for review/rebuttal. If no such response is received, we will be forced to close the file based on their failure to respond and you will need to either take them to small claims court or speak with private counsel in order to seek restitution/resolution.
    Sincerely,
    Fran Marburgh
    Consumer Mediator

I am surprised to hear that I am the only one who wrote to complain about Bill Johnson and PCnC Automation! I thought there were more of you that wrote to the Indiana Attorney General to file a complain?

If it is true that I am the only one that filed a complaint, then Bill Johnson will be laughing all the way to the bank again!!!
    I thought I had filed this information online. I submitted to the BBB, the Internet Crime Complaint Department, and the Vevay Police Department, and have the forms , if necessary for Small Claims Court. I will mail my form (it is yellow in case there are others of you out there that need to send their form in) to them tomorrow along with other evidence I have.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast