PCNC Automation Routers - Page 4

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PCNC Automation Routers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So only Brian and I got our machines? It's ironic that when I talked to Bill about the machine before I ordered it, I asked if the parts were proprietary or off the shelf because once before I bought a us made machine and the company went out of business shortly thereafter and couldn'[t get parts for it easily.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Another PCNC Owner

I'm a little luckier than most I suppose as I did receive my machine, R1012.

Howver, as I'm a newbie, Bill promised to talk me through the set-up over the phone. Repeated calls and emails have gone unanswered.

So I've got an interesting paperweight. I've been hundred-monkeying (mashing all buttons) the setup but so far nary a peep. It seems to twitch now and then but that just might be my coma-patient-vigil playing tricks on me.

Is there a PCNC Owner out there who could spend some quality time on the phone w/ me, helping me get this thing rolling? There could be an Amazon gift certificate in your future, hmmm?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are some files on your CD that need to go in a folder on your computer in order for Mach to run. It should be as easy as that. Bill talked me through it as I'm lame in the IT dept. I'll fire my computer up and see if I can recall the exact steps for you.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Put the CD in the drive.
    Right button click on start and click on Explore.Scroll down to a folder labeled Mach3 If there isn't a folder, you may have to create one by clicking on File/new folder and label it mach3. I can't remember doing that as Bill was in a car and later a noisy environment, but I probably did have to create it, so plan on it....:-).

Minimize that window smaller so you can open another window next to it. This new window will be my computer.
    Click on my computer and click on the CD called Mach3
    There should be folders labeled Mach 3, Mach tutorials, utilities, vectric trials, vectric tutorials, and woodcarving packs.

Right now you want the Mach3 folder open. Click on the Mach3 folder.

you need to drag some of the items off the CD into the mach3 folder established on your computer.

These are the files that get dragged over:
    Mach1lic
    mach 3 version 3
    PCNC.set
    R-1012 shortcut symbol
    R-1012 file.

I think that is it...I'm not sure about the memory overide file. I don't think you need the Vista readme file either.

Others can chime in to help and see if I got that right.

Then you restart the computer, click on mach3 shortcut which should be on the desktop and you should be good to go as Mach opens up.

I recall having some green light flashing aound the "soft limits" button on the mach screen, and having to click on that.

Open Mach 3 and then turn on the machine. Click on the Red Flashing Reset and load your g code using either File/load G code or you can just click the grey button labeled Load G code. When you click on the [B]Ref all home button, the axes should all go to home, sometimes they'll be 0 and sometimes they won't.. Your arrow keys control x and Y and pageup/down controls the Z.

When you can jog with the keys, move somewhere and then click the buttons labeled zero X, Zero Y, and Zero Z buttons...clicking will turn those numbers to Zero. Then use the keys to move somewhere else. When you click on Goto Zero, the axes will go back to that spot as opposed to the home position.

If you have the Z setting tool, you plug it into the jack on the front and set the aluminum block on the top of your work. Holding it there with fingers out of the way, clicking on the AutoToolZero button will bring the bit down until it touches the block. It will then reset zero and retract to .5000
    I always home the machine in the beginning of every job. Hope that helps get you going.
    Marty

Last edited by luthier; 01-09-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Do not forget the R10XX.XML file (profile XML (config) ) if you want I can email you mine as our machines are the same. I still kept the orginal one and backed it up before I ever did anything, so it might work on your machine too. Let me know if you want to try it. I brought my computer down to Vevay and had Bill install Mach3 on my box while I watched and made sure all worked out okay.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yep, that is the R-1012 I mentioned above. He said he had machine 12, so I figure that is the number on the CD based on what mine is. Brian, does everything else look OK from what I typed?

Downloads
    Uploads

luthier
    Everything looks correct same as mine except for "Green light flashing aound the "soft limits" button" I do not get that flashing.. All I do is start Mach3, turn on machine, hit Red Flashing Reset, Ref all home.. all is good to go after that. Everything else you indicated is 100% correct, You are a good teacher !!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. I just retired from 30 years in a middle school classroom. That green light was flashing when I first went through it with Bill. I have no idea why, but just wanted to mention it.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Outoftheboxwood View Post
    New to CNC, I'm looking to purchase a a small footprint CNC router for woodworking. Have read many of the primers on this site, looked at many machines and reviews.
    Does anyone have any experience with Pcnc Automation.
    How about other machines ranging from 24 x36 to 36 x 60.
    Thanks,
    Mike
    Sure hope you found somethine else. I am out $3000 since Nov 10th and trying to get my money back through Visa. He will not respond to any emails. Any info you have to share would be appreciated. I have also sent in a formal complaint to the Indiana Better Business Bureau.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mmcclung View Post
    Sure hope you found somethine else. I am out $3000 since Nov 10th and trying to get my money back through Visa. He will not respond to any emails. Any info you have to share would be appreciated. I have also sent in a formal complaint to the Indiana Better Business Bureau.
    Saw your other post here on the cnczone forums:
    "
    PCNC Automation - Another VERY bad experience
    Please read about my bad experience and keep shopping if you are looking for a machine!
    I purchased a 24" X 36" PCNC Automation router from Bill Johnson in Sept 2009. After picking it up from the "garage" headquarters in Vevay, IN in Oct 2009, I had one problem after another with it. Turns out the side plates that hold up the gantry were drilled about 3/16" off from one another. The bed tapered by that amount after surfacing. All drive pulleys were bored .017" oversize which caused "chatter marks" on all work pieces. There were also missing hardware, stripped fasteners, loose wires, etc. Bill admitted I got a lemon machine and said I could return it for repair, replacement, or full credit. After seeing that the replacement machine was in worse shape than mine, I elected for a refund. That was Nov 10th, 2009. Since then his phone has been disconnected, his girlfriend will no longer pick up when she sees that I am calling, and not one email has been responded to. As of today, I am out $3000.00. I certainly wish I had never seen his ad on this site and on the Vectric site. "

When you went back to Bill, did you leave your machine with him to get your refund? Do you know the serial number of your machine? The reason I ask is that another person on here picked up his machine and and it looked like it might have been used. I'm wondering if, besides flat out not delivering machines, if Bill Johnson was also reselling returned machines without refunding the payments of the first customer??

Thanks,

Dennis

Last edited by dobrientruckers; 01-10-2010 at 02:39 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Man this gets worse day by day.

Downloads
    Uploads

my name is james mcgrew, i am a camaster owner and end user of the aspire/ vectric software. i am watching this as i am helping to develop a table top router and have been unsure of the quality of using the utility bearings as a track system, they have a purpose but this is not it.

vectric allows cnc companys who purchase and link thier software on thier site, i took a look a few minutes ago and there are even some who are out of business as well, i know the fellows who own this softwae company and can say with confidence they are unaware of the problems ya'll are having with pcnc. this is not the first time this stuff happens and will not be the last.

jim mcgrew

James McGrew CAMaster 508 ATC
    www.mcgrewwoodwork.com http://dropc.am/p/EJaKyl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dobrientruckers View Post
    Saw your other post here on the cnczone forums:
    "
    PCNC Automation - Another VERY bad experience
    Please read about my bad experience and keep shopping if you are looking for a machine!
    I purchased a 24" X 36" PCNC Automation router from Bill Johnson in Sept 2009. After picking it up from the "garage" headquarters in Vevay, IN in Oct 2009, I had one problem after another with it. Turns out the side plates that hold up the gantry were drilled about 3/16" off from one another. The bed tapered by that amount after surfacing. All drive pulleys were bored .017" oversize which caused "chatter marks" on all work pieces. There were also missing hardware, stripped fasteners, loose wires, etc. Bill admitted I got a lemon machine and said I could return it for repair, replacement, or full credit. After seeing that the replacement machine was in worse shape than mine, I elected for a refund. That was Nov 10th, 2009. Since then his phone has been disconnected, his girlfriend will no longer pick up when she sees that I am calling, and not one email has been responded to. As of today, I am out $3000.00. I certainly wish I had never seen his ad on this site and on the Vectric site. "

When you went back to Bill, did you leave your machine with him to get your refund? Do you know the serial number of your machine? The reason I ask is that another person on here picked up his machine and and it looked like it might have been used. I'm wondering if, besides flat out not delivering machines, if Bill Johnson was also reselling returned machines without refunding the payments of the first customer??

Thanks,

Dennis
    The serial number was R1016 (I see where he has sold it again as new). I drove the machine down to Vevay on Nov 10, 2009 and received a receipt for the return which was to be credited to my PayPal account.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs down PCNC Automation Problem

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    my name is james mcgrew, i am a camaster owner and end user of the aspire/ vectric software. i am watching this as i am helping to develop a table top router and have been unsure of the quality of using the utility bearings as a track system, they have a purpose but this is not it.

vectric allows cnc companys who purchase and link thier software on thier site, i took a look a few minutes ago and there are even some who are out of business as well, i know the fellows who own this softwae company and can say with confidence they are unaware of the problems ya'll are having with pcnc. this is not the first time this stuff happens and will not be the last.

jim mcgrew
    Jim,
    Thanks for your help and looking into this. I hope PCNC Automation also ends up on the cnc mfgs list that are out of business. Who should I write to at Vectric? I have over $2000 in software and no machine to run it on, and no money (yet) to buy another one.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cabnet636 View Post
    ...., i know the fellows who own this softwae company and can say with confidence they are unaware of the problems ya'll are having with pcnc. this is not the first time this stuff happens and will not be the last.

jim mcgrew
    Not true - Tony is well aware of the "instability" Bill Johnson's business.

Dennis

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mmcclung View Post
    Jim,
    Thanks for your help and looking into this. I hope PCNC Automation also ends up on the cnc mfgs list that are out of business. Who should I write to at Vectric? I have over $2000 in software and no machine to run it on, and no money (yet) to buy another one.
    Tony Mac's e-mail is "Tony McKenzie [tonym@vectric.com]"
    He is very responsive (unlike someone else we know).

At least you have something to show for your purchase - I have no machine and no software although both were paid for. Your "advantage" is that you can go thru the list of manufacturers on the Vectric site (http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/links/suppliers.htm) and buy a router from someone to use your software on. As noted above, be careful who you pick. But then after this experience, who wouldn't be!!

Downloads
    Uploads

i know you probably do not want to hear this but i am sure they are limited by the resell as well, you can contact
    support@vectric.com

dennis with all due respect you are probably right, i and i hope better for you

jim

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PCnC Automation story, and I want revenge!!!

Boy, oh Boy am I ever MAD! Today I got a private note from mmcclung, he let me know that I am the happy owner of his returned PCnC Automation machine, serial R1016! mmcclung returned his machine to Bill due to the damn thing being way out of wack and is off by 3/16th of an inch on the right side of the table, in other words the right side gantry is higher than the left side. He returned it Novemeber 10th 2009 for a refund (never got the refund), I picked it up November 16th 2009. UGH, What a dumb loser I am!!!
    Since I am a newbie in this CnC Router stuff, I bet Bill noticed that and took advantage of me! I always wondered why I couldnt get good carves out of the machine so I took it apart to shim this and straighten that, got it to cut small carves pretty good, so yesterday I tried to carve a pretty big sign 23X30 and the damn thing turned out like crap. I couldn't figure out what went wrong and that was till this afternoon when I got a note from mmcclung! I imediately did some double checking and indeed the machine is off all over the place! Looks like a 10 yr old put it together! Since I am a retired guy I can not afford to just scrap that machine and go out and buy a new one, I am stuck with a piece of junk with thousand of dollars worth of software and end mills invested in it! Wonder if this forun has a couple of good and smart lawyers as a members who can help all us "Losers" get revenge off of Bill Johnson whom took advantage of us all!! !

Downloads
    Uploads

i would contact an attourney, that is fraud

jim

Downloads
    Uploads

I would think after all the problems heard on this forun about PCnC Automation, the Authorities should have him in Jail by now? I keep kicking myself in the butt for not saving up more and getting a reputable machine. I looked for savings and a thief caught me! Guess I got what I paid for

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast