Need Help! Reset zero location Planet CNC Controller

Thread: Reset zero location Planet CNC Controller

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Reset zero location Planet CNC Controller

I own a Planet CNC MK1 Controller (properly licensed version). I'm not the most competent in GCODE yet and have come up against the follwoing issue.

I created the outline of a koala head shape for a project and wanted to cut out multiple of these per sheet. So I copied the GCODE and used the following code to allow the machine to move location before cutting the next one out:

G00 Y40
    G00 X00
    G92 Y00

But, while this seemed to work fine initially, It has had a weird side effect in that it would move the default location of my working area permanently for every item I now load. To explain I'm attaching my GCODE file and two screen shots.

Please help! I'm hoping to fix what I'm doing wrong and somehow reset the machine / controller to 'zero' again.

I'm sure its a simply GCODE command I can use, but am at a loss as to which command to use to fix my issue.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reset zero location Planet CNC Controller-image-1-jpg   Reset zero location Planet CNC Controller-image-2-jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Reset zero location Planet CNC Controller

What happens is exactly what one might expect - you keep applying a larger and larger offset to your work coordinate system with G92 after each part, and as per the reference NIST document that describes how G-code is supposed to work, that offset is supposed to be persistent even across different code runs (the axis offsets get saved to parameters 5211 to 5216). So to get rid of it, you either have to a) physically return to your original, true work zero at the end of the file and issue G92 Y00 one more time while there, or b) from wherever you are when you finish, issue a G92 with a value that would put you to your actual distance from the original, true zero, or c) issue G92.1 when you finish (or at the beginning of all your other G-code files), which is supposed to reset the G92 offsets back to zero.