Need Help! 3040T 4 Axis board

Thread: 3040T 4 Axis board

Downloads
    Uploads

Question 3040T 4 Axis board

Hi i have the 3040T 3 axis controller but would like to upgrade to 4th axis the board in mine is the JP382A. can someone please tell me the board number in the 4 axis control box thanks in advance

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3040T 4 Axis board

Quote Originally Posted by xx1180 View Post
    Hi i have the 3040T 3 axis controller but would like to upgrade to 4th axis the board in mine is the Butt. can someone please tell me the board number in the 4 axis control box thanks in advance
    From a quick google, I think the four axis board uses the same controller - eg;

Do you mean the one in this article for the 3040T 4-axis version?
    https://hackaday.io/project/6776-304...og/20946-day-1

It uses a JP-382A and an extra JP-1635A for the fourth axis. If so, you just need to install another stepper controller, which could be that model if your box fits it, or any 24v stepper controller, which could be as cheap as $10....

But if you're going to do it that way and you can't just fit the board in as pictured, and you need to rehouse everything, then you can still replace with a USB 4-axis controller and 4 stepper drivers for less than $100 and just wire them up as a new setup using the same PSU in a new box.

Hope this helps - I'm a bit new to the forum and inexperienced, but no one else mentioned anything so I thought I would.
    David.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cj7hawk View Post
    From a quick google, I think the four axis board uses the same controller - eg;

Do you mean the one in this article for the 3040T 4-axis version?
    https://hackaday.io/project/6776-304...og/20946-day-1

It uses a JP-382A and an extra JP-1635A for the fourth axis. If so, you just need to install another stepper controller, which could be that model if your box fits it, or any 24v stepper controller, which could be as cheap as $10....

But if you're going to do it that way and you can't just fit the board in as pictured, and you need to rehouse everything, then you can still replace with a USB 4-axis controller and 4 stepper drivers for less than $100 and just wire them up as a new setup using the same PSU in a new box.

Hope this helps - I'm a bit new to the forum and inexperienced, but no one else mentioned anything so I thought I would.
    David.
    thanks that is great i will get one ordered

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    i have a spare complete control box - cream first issue for the 3040t
    its the 4 axis unit and all circuits work fine and had very little use from new.
    I also have a 600watt new dc motor and PWM speed controller that is currently wired in to the same control box.
    let me know if you want it and we can come to some kind of deal.

Based in UK

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by xx1180 View Post
    Hi i have the 3040T 3 axis controller but would like to upgrade to 4th axis the board in mine is the JP382A. can someone please tell me the board number in the 4 axis control box thanks in advance
    Just curious, why would you need a four axis CNC to mill a PCB?

I know post is a bit old.

Cheers,
    Hanspeter.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Cyscrofer View Post
    Hi
    i have a spare complete control box - cream first issue for the 3040t
    its the 4 axis unit and all circuits work fine and had very little use from new.
    I also have a 600watt new dc motor and PWM speed controller that is currently wired in to the same control box.
    let me know if you want it and we can come to some kind of deal.

Based in UK

Chris
    Hi just seen your post how much do you want for the controller if you still have it

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HPB View Post
    Just curious, why would you need a four axis CNC to mill a PCB?

I know post is a bit old.

Cheers,
    Hanspeter.
    HPB I think i must have posted this in the wrong section