What spindle motor for a diy PCB CNC machine? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What spindle motor for a diy PCB CNC machine?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What spindle motor for a diy PCB CNC machine?

The problem with anything below the basic 800W 24k Ebay spindles (from what I've seen,) is most are slower, many have poor bearings (not AC,) and some basically are just a motor with an ER collet adapter pressed on the shaft. Terrible for run-out and stiffness.
    You won't need anywhere near 800W for isolation routing, but when it comes time to drill the mounting holes and route out the board outline more power is handy.

There are relatively inexpensive 300W "60,000 RPM" spindles out there as well. I've got an old example of one, and I'd recommend staying away from them. I burned out the bearings on my first one running it at 1000 Hz (which should have been 60k RPM, but was quite a bit lower I believe,) and I found that the front bearing on my second one got quite hot at 48,000 RPM, but was usable.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: What spindle motor for a diy PCB CNC machine?

Hi,
    I saw this:
    High speed spindle with controller unit

NSK is a great brand....this could be very good value for someone....if I had the money to spare I would nab it.

Craig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12