Looking for Paid Integration Help

Thread: Looking for Paid Integration Help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking for Paid Integration Help

Hi folks,

If this forum was about making fruit snacks, I'd have a lot to offer - but since it's about cutting, I'm looking for help!

My company makes fruit leather, like a fruit rollup but out of real fruit. We are looking for a cutting solution to allow us to make "edible stickers" out of a ~25x17" sheet off our product. It's sticky and a bit tough, so they best approach we've found is a sonic knife. Waterjet works great, but is out of budget. Laser cutters aren't bad, but they create negative flavors when they cause the natural sugar in the fruit to smoke. But, in the food industry, sonic knives only come pre-made in guillotine orientations - no shapes.

So, we are looking to integrate small sonic knife into a CNC that can cut multiple sheets of fruit leather into intricate shapes at decent speed (~200 sheets in 3-4 hours). The sonic knife needs to maintain orientation, so you need rotation in addition to standard XY. It doesn't take much pressure, but it needs enough depth to do multiple sheets so we can get the necessary speed.

We are based in Akron, Ohio and you can see more about our company at Peaceful Fruits' Just Fruit Snacks

We have a sonic knife we know works, though are open to other solutions. We are looking for someone that can pair that with the cutting table, integrate & assemble, and hand it off to us for use in food production. The budget for the project, materials included, needs to stay under $20k.

Please reach out if you are interested in partnering for this opportunity.

As an aside, I know several small & medium food businesses that have looked for this type of solution as well. So while this opportunity is aimed at our specific need, I do believe there is a wider market for this approach.

Thank you and stay well out there!