Newbie USG- GRBL- Questions

Thread: USG- GRBL- Questions

Downloads
    Uploads

Default USG- GRBL- Questions

Hi there! I am new to this forum and I have loads of questions that I am hoping people can help me get some answers too!
    I've listed the in categories of open source builds to make it easier for me to catagorize.

Questions about USG-Universal G-code Sender
    (help troubleshoot before I try LinuxCNC)

Question 1.) Does anyone know how to find the g-code line where the program failed? I see the loaded line file but it doesn't direct you to where the file crashes. I've been trying to "find" the number but there are many lines and find this a tedious, there's got to be a simpler way.This seemed to happen when I was air running a program. First tried to run with out the dremmel on and then midway, I turned on the dremmel and the alarm lock when on even though it didn't touch anything. Do you think it's the vibration? I get this....

This [Error] An error was detected while sending 'G1X57.065Y50.966F3600.0': ALARM: Hard limit. Streaming has been paused.
    >>> X56.254Y51.661
    >>> X56.220Y51.810
    [Reset to continue]

Actual, I am not sure how to "reset to contine", the program would freeze. I'm not sure what to do if this happen when I turn on the dremmel.

Question 2.) Why does the console and everything get greyed out when in use (running a program)? Wouldn't someone be able to use the g-code commands like ? ,~,
    ! in realtime while the program is running? The editor doesn't have a place to input new commands and the console is greyed out.

Question3) The overrides tab is also greyed out and cannot make any adjustments. How would I make feed rate adjustments is that in the CAD/Cam program and not the post processor? i'm confused here with this... some

GRBL Questions

Question 1:
    How does someone test firmwire code $110 - $112? I'm still learnig here and not sure how someone tests this? Any suggestions where to look?

Question 2: When does someone send $10=3 stauts reports? Is this when a failure/ crash happens?

Thanks very much for any help. It makes going at this alone at home much easier!