Gcode Ripper - Ripped code is to high on the surface...

Thread: Gcode Ripper - Ripped code is to high on the surface...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Gcode Ripper - Ripped code is to high on the surface...

I'm still having trouble with the use of GcodeRipper.
    The file I'm using is quite simple, a rounded square, dept 0.2 mm, to work with a 1 mm end mill.
    The material is PMMA; the probe is a self made touch probe.
    These are the steps I follow:
    - Z zero the probe (the offset should be now X0 Y0 Z0 - the probe is direct mounted into the chuck)
    - Open the file in GcodeRipper, set: all offset 0, Z safe=3.5 mm, Probe depth -0.5 mm (or even -1mm), Probe feed =45 mm/min, Probe points 5x5.
    - Recalculate all and safe the probe only file
    - Load the probe file in LinuxCNC and run it
    - Read the probe data file in GcodeRipper and save the adjusted file.
    - Remove the probe, install the end mill bit and Z zero the bit
    - Load and run the adjusted file.

Well, there is no way to carve the surface. The bit moves at about +0.5 mm fro the surface. And I don't understand why or how to fix it.

Attached are all the files used.
    Any suggestion / help?

Thanks

Andrea

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Gcode Ripper - Ripped code is to high on the surface...

Did you look at the probe data file? All of your probe points are close to 0.9mm.

So G-Code Ripper is offsetting your g-code ~0.9mm above the surdace. Your cut depth is .2mm so the bit is floating at ~0.7mm above the surface.

You might want to figure out why your probe points are ending up so high.

Scorch

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank for your reply.
    Yes, I had a look to the probe data, and all the probe data file I made have the same value (more or less). That's why I posted here.... If we consider the position 0;0 I can't understand why the value is 0.9, as in 0;0 the Z has been zeroed (with the probe itself...).
    The probe is self made, simply a pin acting on a microswitch, all encapsulated in a 3d printed plastic case.
    I'll give a review to my hardware and try again.

By now, thank you again for your kindness

========
    Andrea

Downloads
    Uploads

I checked the probe, and the problem is clearly the probe itself.
    I use a simple NO probe system with a microswitch: when triggered, the board gets the +24 input signal. (as in my draw)
    The microswitch is the problem: latence, bouncing, etc....At minimum speed (0.05 mm/sec) works fine (the Z Zero is correct), but at high speed (even 0.5 mm/sec seems to fast...) the problems begin...

Would like to start using a...standard surface probe, the one with the NC philosophy.
    I found your probe project on thingiverse, so would like to realize it.
    As I understood, your probe can act both way: NC so as NO. Is it right?.
    But I don't understand how to adapt your electronic schematic to work with my system.
    I see you use a 5V power to manage the transitor, and I think your machine accept a 5V trigger signal. But in my case, how to manage both voltages (5V for the probe electronic and 24V for the control board)?
    I need to keep the board to wait for a +24V signal (NO), because often I need to work on PCB, so I can use the PCB surface and the bit itself as "Z probe"; and even to zero the bit on various surfaces (I use a touch plate)

Attached Images Attached Images
    ========
    Andrea

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jocman View Post
    I checked the probe, and the problem is clearly the probe itself.
    I found your probe project on thingiverse, so would like to realize it.
    As I understood, your probe can act both way: NC so as NO. Is it right?.

But I don't understand how to adapt your electronic schematic to work with my system.
    I see you use a 5V power to manage the transitor, and I think your machine accept a 5V trigger signal. But in my case, how to manage both voltages (5V for the probe electronic and 24V for the control board)?
    I need to keep the board to wait for a +24V signal (NO), because often I need to work on PCB, so I can use the PCB surface and the bit itself as "Z probe"; and even to zero the bit on various surfaces (I use a touch plate)
    My probe design on Thingiverse is normally closed but the inverting circuit makes it normally open. So if you are OK with normally closed you can just leave out the circuit.

I am not going to work out the details but it seems that if you modify the inverting circuit (resistor values) to work with 24v you would not need any 5V source. I think the transistor called out in the schematic is good to around 50V.

Scorch

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by scorch View Post
    My probe design on Thingiverse is normally closed but the inverting circuit makes it normally open. So if you are OK with normally closed you can just leave out the circuit.

I am not going to work out the details but it seems that if you modify the inverting circuit (resistor values) to work with 24v you would not need any 5V source. I think the transistor called out in the schematic is good to around 50V.

Scorch
    Thanks again for your answer.

Actually, I was thinking about to use directly 24V and down it to 5V by fixing the resistor values. Glad to know that you suggest the same possibiity.
    The transistor should work with 50V, even thought I think I will use a BC337 (I've some of that kind), they should work the same and up to 50V.

I'll post the news.

Andrea

========
    Andrea