Gcode Ripper- job sequence optimization

Thread: Gcode Ripper- job sequence optimization

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Gcode Ripper- job sequence optimization

Hi all.
    After rebuilding the electronic-motor side of my homemade CNC, I'm testing the new hardware.
    Everything seems working fine (and better), but I'm wondering about the way I use to use the great Scorch's Gcode Ripper.
    The most of time, in my jobs I'm using at least 2 bits: a 0.1/10° mm and an endmill; sometimes even a small drillbit.

The job sequence usually I do is:
    - install and zero the 1st bit (let say the engraving bit)
    - attach the z probe, set its offset, and launch Gcode ripper for the first program (engraving)
    - elaborate the original code with the gcode ripper code
    - execute the engraving

Then when I've to do a second job (let say cutting the outline), I do a second gcode Ripper "round":
    - install and zero the 2nd bit (let say the endmill)
    - attach the z probe, set its offset, and launch Gcode ripper for the second program (cutting)
    - elaborate the original code with the gcode ripper code
    - execute the cutting

In the case I should drill some holes, I'll made an addicional round (in the middle of the previous 2)

My question is:
    Assuming I'm doing a redundant number of job steps, the same example job as mentioned can be done this way:

- mount the z probe directly in the spindle chuck (meaning no offset)
    - test the surface for the full job code (not separate codes for each kind of job)
    - generate a single Gcode Ripper code
    - using this code to elaborate the separate codes for each kind of job
    - run the various job (mount and zero the bit, load the ripped code and run)

Could this be a valid philosophy? Or I've to run Gcode Ripper for each separate code as currently I do?

Thanks
    Andrea

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Gcode Ripper- job sequence optimization

With G-Code Ripper you can reuse probe data between multiple operations.

Here is the process:

1. Enter the offset between the probe and cutting tool (if there is any)

2. Zero the tool on some z-height reference that is repeatable (if the reference is on the workpiece make sure the reference point will not be machined away in any of the operations before the last operation.)

3. Open a g-code file that covers the x-y area of to be machined and the Generate a "Probe Only" g-code file with G-Code Ripper and run the g-code to generate a text file with probe data points.

4. Open the first g-code file in g-code ripper and open the probe data file created in Step #3. Then save an "Adjusted" g-code file

5. Open the g-code files for each of the following steps in G-Code Ripper and save "Adjusted" g-code files for each

6.Run the first Adjusted g-code file

7. Change the tool if required. Zero the new tool on the z-height reference point used in step #2 and run the next g-code file.

8. Repeat step #7 for all of the remaining g-code files.

Scorch

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Gcode Ripper- job sequence optimization

Thankyou very for your support.
    And thankyou for all
    Andrea