G-Code Ripper - Scale, Rotate and Split G-code - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: G-Code Ripper - Scale, Rotate and Split G-code

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: G-Code Ripper - Scale, Rotate and Split G-code

I can see probing once and cutting. Then going back for a deeper cut if the cuts did not all make contact with the surface. Even with perfect probe results this may be needed if the probe points are too far apart.

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Downloads
    Uploads

One of my maybe someday ideas for G-code Ripper is to add the ability to map the output to any function. So you could map the output to a hemi-sphere, sine wave or another user defined function.

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. I wish I had your talents... one word..awesome!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by scorch View Post
    One of my maybe someday ideas for G-code Ripper is to add the ability to map the output to any function. So you could map the output to a hemi-sphere, sine wave or another user defined function.
    For me, making it able to split the process and work with saved to a file probing data will be more than enough at this very moment
    I did some digging into the code but my command on Python is limited so too may things to clarify before I reach some adequate comprehension. With the exception of an occasional small script (for CamBam ATM) I haven't coded for a long time. Besides, my own RAM is not what it used to be - I could easily hold a mass of variable names in my memory for days, now have to look back in a matter of minutes

Downloads
    Uploads

I understand that the ability to use an intermediate file for probe data is the priority. I was just rambling about potential future features.

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there an IDE to design the GUI or you code it manually?
    I am really impressed by the size of the source code and the functionality.
    There is a similar program in Java but no visual representation and less user control.

Downloads
    Uploads

I manually coded the whole thing.

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I am starting to work on making G-Code Ripper accept probe data files. Does anyone have sample probe data files from Mach3 and GRBL? I think they are both CSV files but sometime there are idiosyncrasies that are not captured by that generic name. If you want to help please send a sample file to my e-mail address. "scorch scorchworks.com"

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sent you some files, check the junk folder

Downloads
    Uploads

Got it. Thanks Dragonfly!

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I posted a new version of G-Code Ripper. Get it hear: G-Code Ripper Download

Changes in Version 0.09
    - Added the ability to save and read probe data files for autoprobing.
    - Increased default decimal places to 1 for the feed rate. The adjusted feed rates for g-code mapped to a cylinder were being rounded to the nearest integer resulting in unpredictable cutting speeds.

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I downloaded G-Code Ripper. It only takes *.ngc format? I tried re-naming a *.cnc file to *.ngc and nothing shows up when I open file. This CNC file is in a BurnySAW processor format, basic 2-axis Gcode. Help?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

OK-I figured out I had an invalid character in my file. It looks like I have to have G codes in each command line? Is that correct?

Downloads
    Uploads

@RAYMAN91
    G-Code Ripper understands g-code (XYZ axes with M codes, Feeds, variable, equations and comments) it doesn't matter what the extension is (*.ngc, *.cnc., *.tap) If there is something other than g-code in the file G-Code Ripper will probably have trouble reading it.

I am not familiar with BurnySAW.
    If you send me a sample file I can tell you pretty quick if you have any chance of getting it to work.
    My e-mail address is in help menu of G-Code Ripper.

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the update, scorch.
    I'll give it a try on first job that needs surface height correction.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Works like charm, scorch!
    Did 2 identical and relatively large (90 x 150 mm) PCBs with 2 different tools - 0.2 mm tip for contouring and 0.5 mm tip for clearing based on a single surface probe file for each PCB.
    Now in case you are wondering what to do next may I suggest adding work plane rotation for drilling previously etched PCB based on entering the real coordinates of three holes taken from a mounted on the router table PCB

If you allow one more suggestion - put in the predefined file extension list also .nc and .txt

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 03-28-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

PCB is an awesome application for this, and I would wholeheartedly agree on the feature creep/request to allow entry of three datapoints to correct for a PCB flip placement error. This is one of those problems that has been around "forever" but I don't think the coding talent has been available to take on the challenge. scorch, the mission is yours, if you choose to accept (please do!!!)...

CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining...

Downloads
    Uploads

@Dragonfly I am glad it worked for you. The PCBs look great.

I am not sure I understand the requested feature. I am not sure if you guys (mcphill and Dragonfly) are even talking about the same thing.

Can you guys explain in more detail what you are thinking? Where do the three points come from?
    Whenever I flip or rotate something I drill holes and use pins to ensure consistent placement before and after the turn/flip.

Scorch
    www.scorchworks.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

@ mcphill
    As scorch says flipping is easy using pins to fix the PCB at the same position. That's how I do double-sided ones. All you need is at least two pins with centers on one of the PCB center lines.

@ scorch
    Mechanical PCB milling is limited by the nature of the process - using a cutting tool with a limit on the tip size. Sometimes I make boards for SMD components with tiny step between pins. And there is no argue that using photo transfer and chemical etching produces much fine results. I use copper clad plates which are dry laminated with photoresist. Transfer process and chemistry are quite simple and the result is high quality even in a DIY environment. Pre-drilling though cannot be done as it will induce burrs and photo templates won't fit tightly to the surface. ( In industrial production plates are drilled first, then ground and de-oiled, dried and laminated with the holes already drilled. ) Under domestic conditions drilling is done after etching. I used to do it manually, the pad holes are etched and visible, but it's a pain in the a$$. Actually this is the driving force that sent me on the road of making a CNC router
    Now that I have it, I can drill the holes using different drill diameters provided the board is perfectly aligned and the router homed to the exact center of a particular selected hole. I repeat - hole spots are visible after etching.
    Homing can be done with the help of a web camera via Mach3. Alignment is not that easy though.
    I've seen there are such programs or plugins. They allow drilling and cutting of misaligned boards. On a board that is placed on the router table the user finds the centers of three holes placed at a reasonable distance from each other and feeds their actual coordinates to the program. The program already has interpreted the G-code for drilling, determines the deviations between project and real coordinates and with the help of transformation matrix generates G-code which will hit the exact drill spots no matter the board is misaligned.
    The reason I mentioned it was because G-code Ripper already can:
    - read and visualize G-code
    - rotate the work plane

Hope I managed to explain it right.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

metaparts - Revision 384: /trunk/metadrill

there you can see some code and description of he method

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast