YAPSC:10V : The glue between Step/dir and +/-10V servo amp - Page 4

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: YAPSC:10V : The glue between Step/dir and +/-10V servo amp

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all,

PM sent to both of you

forgot to tell, I made an important update to the FW.
    Versions 2.0.2 and up had a problem with step input capture, the board was wissing steps!
    Now it's fixed with the latest (2.0.4) version of Unified.
    Also check my website, I released the latest version of YTT. It has automatic board version detection for FW 2.0.4 and up; along with faster and more user-friendly curve plotting.

BR
    Max

Downloads
    Uploads

Question

Max

Is it possible to zip all the new YAPSC version 2.0.4 files "Gerber, Software, Schematics" into one file for easy downloading.

Thank You

Jeff...

jeffalessi@gmail.com

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

possible yes, but it's in fact more complicated for me to manage each version. With the way I do now there is no way I put the wrong version in each zip

Also the hardware did not changed since a while. Only the firmware has been updated during the last 6months or so. there is no reason then to re-download the whole gerbers, software, manual and schematics (total > 30MB) when only a 40kb HEX file has been updated.

do you think I sould put a list of the "must have" files on 10V's page or something similar?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Max,

It would be nice to have a update with a must have list.

The file locations may seem like they are fragmented and might confuse a new viewer.

Even if you had a list of the links to all the needed files would make it simpler to download.

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Max,
    Can you please be so kind and give me an offer for 3pcs YAPSC:10V + USB including postage to Sweden.

cnc (at) glocalnet (dot) net

Cheers
    Bengt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi,

I have burny servo drives that were connected to a burny 3, will your system work with this? Also would it connect to input / output boards from the burny system?

Could you give me a price for 3 complete boards shipped to the uk with one of those +3 boards to connect them together?

Thanks

MAtt

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi again,

just been thinking some more, where do you connect the encoders? with other motion controllers such as the kflop you would connect the encoder to the kflop as well as the servo drive, what do you do here? if you dont connect it to the controller does it work ok just connected to the servo drive??

Also i see you offer a usb interface, is this simply to avoid the use of the parrallel port?

Thanks

Matt

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    Take a look at this Fine explanations on how things work

Downloads
    Uploads

I've just recently bought an Avon 2200 machine;

In order to get it up and running as quickly as possible, I've ordered Dugong drives, but I would like to recycle the Norwin analogue drives.

I have the facilities to make my own single or double sided PCB's at work. In fact I designed the control card and wrote the code for the PCB drill. However, whilst I work with PICs, the DSP series is not one we've needed (mostly it's custom data loggers), so I don't have a suitable compiler or way of programming them.

Could you give me a cost on three boards, plus pre-programmed PICs please.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi,

I have burny servo drives that were connected to a burny 3, will your system work with this? Also would it connect to input / output boards from the burny system?

Could you give me a price for 3 complete boards shipped to the uk with one of those +3 boards to connect them together?

Thanks

MAtt

Hi again,

just been thinking some more, where do you connect the encoders? with other motion controllers such as the kflop you would connect the encoder to the kflop as well as the servo drive, what do you do here? if you dont connect it to the controller does it work ok just connected to the servo drive??

Also i see you offer a usb interface, is this simply to avoid the use of the parrallel port?

Thanks

Matt
    Hi,

I don't know the burny 3 at all, can't tell if 10V is what you are seeking for.

depending on the amp, the quadrature (encoder) signals come from the amp itself or from an encoder fitted on the motor.
    On most AC systems the motor is fitted with a resolver, the resolver is linked to the amp and the amp's electronics create the quadrature signals 10V need from the resolver's signals.
    On DC systems the amps usually uses a tachy to get the motor speed, and you need an encoder linked to 10V. Some am take directly the quadrature signals from the encoder, no need for a tachy.

evguru,
    PM sent!

BR all.

Downloads
    Uploads

Max,

I have two of the three boards up and running perfectly. The third seems to have some problem. I cannot get it to connect to the Progkey. Everything is connected exactly the same as the other boards but no luck.

Also My drive output 10.4Volts on the fault output. Can you suggest how I can use this output for the fault input.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi rccrabb,

did you tried swapping the boards?
    Are the 5V, -12V, 12V LEDs on and the ERR led off?
    if the dsPIC is working properly, at startup (no progKey plugged), the ERR LED blinks briefly and then the controller goes active.
    To check the connection, there are three LEDS on the ProgKey:
    Red => emit from PC to 10V
    Yellow =>10V to PC
    Blue => if lit board is held in reset mode.

During bootloader synchronization, Blue vanishes, Red blinks periodically and Yellow too if the board is responding.
    Once you checked all these, can you tell me what differs between working and not working board?

concerning the FAULT voltage on your drive, it's rather odd.. is it using 12V logic?
    By the way, the R17/R20 resistors pair sets the voltage used.
    R20 = 10K and R17 = 22K should do the trick.

BR
    Max

Downloads
    Uploads

durring power up no red led. all three green are ON. connecting the progkey red led on progkey blinks once. only green power led on progkey. The other boards work exactly as you described

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

just sent you an email with a picture.

BR
    Max

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Max,
    Thank you for making and sharing this- a real asset to cnc enthusiasts! I have read your documentation and will be experimenting as time permits. May I ask you for a brief explanation of how the output stage on the YAPSC works? From the schematic it looks like it takes the pulse width modulated signal from the DSPPIC, converts it to a ramp/sawtooth wave in the first stage of the 358 op amp, then sends it to a second op amp (possibly as a sample and hold?)

Regards,
    Steven Balder

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have 2 of these boards, 3 copely servos and 3 amps im willing to sell if anyone is interested.

I went a different way with the project and never got around to making these work.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by socoj2 View Post
    I have 2 of these boards, 3 copely servos and 3 amps im willing to sell if anyone is interested.

I went a different way with the project and never got around to making these work.
    Hi socoj2,
    I just sent you a PM.

Mike

Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sbalder View Post
    Max,
    Thank you for making and sharing this- a real asset to cnc enthusiasts! I have read your documentation and will be experimenting as time permits. May I ask you for a brief explanation of how the output stage on the YAPSC works? From the schematic it looks like it takes the pulse width modulated signal from the DSPPIC, converts it to a ramp/sawtooth wave in the first stage of the 358 op amp, then sends it to a second op amp (possibly as a sample and hold?)

Regards,
    Steven Balder
    Hello Steven,

fist please excuse me for the *very* slow response but I just moved and don't have a real internet connection yet.

Concerning 10V: In fact I had multiple options when I designed the analog stage of 10V, and the best compromise was to filter the PWM directly with a 2dn order lowpass RC filter.
    Altought is may seem very basic in fact it has some big advantes of little ripple, smooth transitions and good linearity. Also the frequency band is large enough for servo applications. It's even a little over the PID loop's speed so there is no speed limitation.

simple and efficient.

Best regards
    Max

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 30F4011

hi
    This IC(30F4012) does not exist in my country.i use 30F4011 and design pcb for it.compile code for 4011.
    and program IC with bootloader, but in step hyperterminal ,i dont see this text ,when connect to com port:
    {
    dspic-servo by L.Glaister
    10V mod by MaX-MoD
    Using setup from eeprom.. ? for help
    Current Settings:
    servo enabled = 0
    (p) = 0.000000
    (i) = 0.000000
    (d) = 0.000000
    FF(0) = 0.000000
    FF(1) = 0.000000
    dead(b)and = 1.000000
    (m)ax Output = 95.00%
    (f)ault error = 1000.000000
    (x)pc cmd multiplier = 1
    (t)icks per servo cycle= 2
    using 0.200000ms servo loop interval }

please help me.

Attached Files Attached Files

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Max
    Have been following the YAPSC 10v with much interest. I have spent many hundred hours reading on servo drives. Yours is the first site to give so much free info & fully open source, many thanks. At present I Build my own BLDC motors for my own CNC use & would very much like to build servo drives (with amps) to suit my motors. Are you planning 3ph BLDC, or is there a simply way to add this, NJW4303 is a PWM 3-Phase DC Brushless Motor Controller IC cost only £1.035 from RS But not sure inputs suitable any clues Please

Many Thanks Paul

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast