YAPSC:10V : The glue between Step/dir and +/-10V servo amp - Page 3

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: YAPSC:10V : The glue between Step/dir and +/-10V servo amp

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just received my three yapsc's from Max. They are works of art, I also got in touch with Alex for the 3X board. I should have that soon also. I will be using them for my yaskawa servopacks. I want to thank Alex for making me a 3x and for the support and to Max for for making a great product. I'll keep everyone posted how everything works out.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

seiz0r,

Good to here!!! I am eagerly awaiting your results. I have some of max's boards comming and am planning to use them with yaskawa ac servo drives. Hopefully you have it all figured out by the time I get my stuff......

Jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got my stuff today, thanks Max!!

I got one prog key, one assembled yapsc10v and 2 blank yapsc10v pcb's. Everything is very well made! I hope I am up to the task of assembling the other 2. I cant wait to get it all wired up for a test run.

Jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Good news

You're welcome

Jim, seiz0r, do not hesitate to tell me if you have trouble getting te boards to run

Max

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just got my X3 board from Alex. I would suggest getting one to make the job easier. I hope to install it by the weekend.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Gentlemen!
    I'm following this tread with great interest, I want to thank you so much, MaX-MoD, for sharing your big knowledgement with all of us.
    Max, I live in Brazil, and I'll love to build one YAPSC 10V for me, because I have some (really!) old analog servos, and I'm in need of a working ones, but only the +/- 10V servo-amplifier parts of the circuitry is working properlly. I hope your YAPSC 10V is the perfect solution for me, and I started to looking for the components to build my system, but I can't find any schematic or PCB lay-out for the USB ProgKey circuit. Can you help me in any way, please, good friend?
    I'll be very gratefull to you! Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
    Flávio Luiz.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Flávio,

well as long as your amp has analogue input for torque/speed command, and you have incremental (quadrature) encoder on the motor (or on the amp), YAPSC:10V will fit this with step/dir digital control.

Thanks for pointing out the schematics for the progkey are missing! I probably forgot to update the ZIP file. It is uploading as I am writing these words.

I am also working on some improvements on YTT; goal is to get better "step input" test functionality. I will post some more info soon.

best regards

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

MaX-MoD, you´re a GENTLEMAN, indeed!

Thank You so much for your fast and kindly reply! Yes, the boards what I´ve here are completely compatible with your description, it´s all "salvaged" boards, from Servo-Dynamics (...very old ones!), but it´s all what I have to begin in the hobby CNC world.
    The logical circuitry, very old too, don´t work any more. But the motors (DC motors) with optical encoders, and that analog motor driver boards seems to be O.K.
    I´ll be very happy and grateful to you building one YAPSC - 10V system here in Brazil, were all kind of electronic works is hard and difficult to do...
    I will use all this with EMC-2 CNC control program, and I´m counting the hours to see all working!!! At least... I do expect (...and do have the desire!) to see it!

If I can help you in any way, please let me know, my friend.

But thanks to you, I´ll get a CNC machine for my use. A BIG THANK to you, my New French friend!

I´ll see the new enhancements on your YTT software with care, and interest! I´m waiting for your posts about this issue.

I´ll report my experiences (the "frustrations", and the success too!) in this forum, and (certainly) I´ll need a lot of help from you in my tries! But, as I said before, is a dream coming true! This will worth my efforts, I hope!

Thanks for sharing all that fantastic stuff, because if you don´t, my dreams will be never realized.

Regards,
    Flávio Luiz.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Kostas,

You can use YAPSC:10V with any suitable amplifier. For example, Copley has some DC motor amplifiers taking analogue +-10V input.

BUT YAPSC:10V is just a command board, it has no power stage to directly control a DC motor. dspic-servo (YAPSC:V1) is a DC servomotor driver board with power stage, it's certainly more suitable to drive DC servos... unless you can put your hands on those nice Copley (of equivalent) DC amplifiers for cheap
    Similarly, H-bridges often require 4 PWM signals and won't take analogue signal provided by YAPSC:10V.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Max, thanks for all your hard work on providing this solution for the community. I am very interested in one of your assembled boards for my ac servo drive setup. I am using a kflop controller and would like to drive a servostarCD/kollmorgen goldlineXT motor using your board.

Can you please pm me with the details on how to purchase the necessary components and perhaps a total price including shipping to the US?

Thank you!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

Pm sent

Max

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi everybody,

here is the first release of the tuning guide:
    http://max-mod-shop.com/media/ytt/tuning guide.pdf

let me know what you like/dislike of it!

Best regards,
    Max

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Question about potensiometer as analog input +/- 10V

Hi all,

I happen to find this forum using YAPSC:10V as a glue from step/dir to +/-10V.

Now, I am trying to run an ac servo motor from panasonic (ADKA400G... ). I have no documents for it. Thus I am probing through its driver and guessing that it should have an input analogue to control the position of the ac servo motor (also panasonic AMKA460G-460W).

I have tried it, but the output was strange. It rotates only in one direction and only if the input analogue (+/-10 V) crosses the zero volt. And it rotates in 6 position (I guess this is due to the hall sensor). I was hoping that the rotor will follow the input analogue voltage from the potensiometer.

I am using a potensiometer with +/- 10volt and take the middle pin as the input analogue into the driver, so that it can swing from + to - or the other way around.

My question is: do I need this YAPSC:10V circuit in order to have a positioning ac servo motor? How does the ac servo driver respond, if let's say I put +1 V or -1 V (or any other voltage), should it respond to a certain angle? My experiment shows that it causes the driver to go to a fault condition-coded "7 0 L" (and since I do not have the document - I have no clue).

Thanks for your attention, looking forward for a hint .

linggar

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello linggar,

It's hard to tell if YAPSC:10V will work with your amp. First thing is to see ifyou can either control the speed or the torque via analogue input.
    But the behaviour you described is rather odd... are you sure that the amp was working before it land in your hands?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MaX-MoD View Post
    Hello linggar,

It's hard to tell if YAPSC:10V will work with your amp. First thing is to see ifyou can either control the speed or the torque via analogue input.
    But the behaviour you described is rather odd... are you sure that the amp was working before it land in your hands?
    Hi Max-Mod,

Thanks for the reply, tonight I made a progess, I've just found it out, that the encoder was broken .

But fortunately, I have another one. And this time it rotates ccw and cw based on positive or negative value.

But as I am new in this domain, I could not get the position of the rotor to follow the +/- 10 v analog input. Sometime, it rotates continously, and sometime it's just vibrating at a certain angle. Some other time, it looks like jumping at a few certain positions per revolution???

I will take a look at your yapsc:10v and read more about pid controller scheme.

Again, thanks for your reply.

linggar

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MaX-MoD View Post
    Hello everybody,

Finally I have released the first alpha of YAPSC Tuning Tool!
    I had to learn a lot of C++ programming (C30 is easyer, it's only C!) and Qt and now I think I'm near to the goal

To use it, simply d/l http://max-mod-shop.com/media/yapsc10v/YTT.zip and unzip it in a directory of your choice. run YTT.exe and you're ready to go!
    I don't think it'll run under windows NT/2000, I only tested under XP.
    If you have any problem, just tell me and I'll try to fix it

The remaining bits are in the dsPIC code, the "step input response" tool is not implemented yet.

TTFN
    Hello Max-mod

I'm intersted in your boards for my cnc project.
    Will you please PM me a cost for 3 ready assembed PCB & the USB key for programming shipped to Hong Kong.

Best regards
    cpWong (tclcpw@gmail.com)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default yes please!

id like to buy 3. can you pm me cost to uk.
    dont mind pcb or ready built

UCCNC powered uk machine sales
    https://cncrouter.uk/atc-cnc-routers.htm

Downloads
    Uploads

I also need three boards. I'm in the US. PM me please.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can anyone tell me where I can get these boards or get them made. I am willing to have a bunch made if others are interested.

Downloads
    Uploads

Rcrabb,

All the files are available for free at Max's website.

http://tinyurl.com/yajnrdk

Jeff...

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast