Open Source Boards Available, Stepper Drivers and Break Out Boards - Page 39

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2936373839

Thread: Open Source Boards Available, Stepper Drivers and Break Out Boards

Downloads
    Uploads

Again, the regulators in the circuit, as designed, DON'T play in the motor current......... You don't need a 5A regulator for a less than a 100ma. If you look at what the LM317 runs, it's the 5V on the board. The incomming unregulated VDC (18V or more) is used for the H bridge of the motor in the L298.

If your thinking of regulating the supply voltage to the motors, don't, it's a waste and more times than not reduces performance.

Phil, Still too many interests, too many projects, and not enough time!!!!!!!!
    Vist my websites - http://pminmo.com & http://millpcbs.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by pminmo View Post
    If you look at what the LM317 runs, it's the 5V on the board. The incomming unregulated VDC (18V or more) is used for the H bridge of the motor in the L298.
    Thanks again for the feedback PMinMO. Clearly I am not understanding the circuit well at all. I'll go back and take another look at it and figure it out.

Wayne

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help me! i want to try with Tach's 3axis board(driver and choper) but i have problem!!!
    can i change irlz44 as irf540? and i can't buy IRF9540 in my place,help me to find out IC same as to change it.
    Thanks so much!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Open Source Boards Available, Stepper Drivers and Break Out Boards

Does anyone know why I would be able to run my Steppers with TB6600 Drivers and a DM542T Driver, but not with my gecko 201x driver on Mach 3? All I’m getting is stuttering or the motor only moving in one direction. When it’s energized with the driver, it is possible to turn the shaft manually easier than usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2936373839