Newbie Starting a new DIY CNC 2440 x 1220mm

Thread: Starting a new DIY CNC 2440 x 1220mm

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Starting a new DIY CNC 2440 x 1220mm

Hello,

I didn't know a lot about CNC but I dream about it since a long time now. I would like to build my own CNC for woodworking but I would like to be able to be able to work on a full MDF sheet so a working space of: 2440 x 1220mm.
    Of course I am concern about the precision and the budget I have a budget of max 2000€
    I have found this build CRP4896 4' x 8' CNC Router Kit | CNCRouterParts who looks great but the budget is not ok.
    Are there already an open source design for a big machine like this one that I could take to start?

Regards,

Benjamin

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Starting a new DIY CNC 2440 x 1220mm

Do you want to go Arduino based CNC or Mach3 based CNC? Unfortunately none are free.. I find it difficult to find free CNC software that are easy and works as well as the paid licensed CNC softwares.

Downloads
    Uploads

After a lot of researches I have selected the 1,5m x 1,5m Workbee kit on ooznest like this I will be able to work on the half aof a panel and then switch it on the other side.
    About the software I will try to start with sketchup!

Downloads
    Uploads

try the maslov cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldo1210 View Post
    Do you want to go Arduino based CNC or Mach3 based CNC? Unfortunately none are free.. I find it difficult to find free CNC software that are easy and works as well as the paid licensed CNC softwares.
    LinuxCNC is absolutely free and works very well.Almost everything would be familiar to a Windows user except that the start panel is at the top of the screen instead of the bottom.You can download it and burn it to a DVD which can then be run live-that is to say you boot the computer from the DVD and it will run in Linux while you learn a little about what is in there.If you don't wish to install it at that time you can just shut down the computer and remove the DVD leaving your original Windows installation unmodified.If you decide you like it enough to install permanently you begin the same way and follow the on-screen instructions and it will install with the language and keyboard layout of your choice and then you configure it to run your CNC according to whether you are running from a parallel port or a usb port.Lots of instructions can be found on the forum for the software https://forum.linuxcnc.org/ .