open source CNC machine - off the shelf components - 3d printed parts - extruded alum

Thread: open source CNC machine - off the shelf components - 3d printed parts - extruded alum

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default open source CNC machine - off the shelf components - 3d printed parts - extruded alum

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: open source CNC machine - off the shelf components - 3d printed parts - extruded

Very nice job. A few questions - which DaVinci printer did you use? What material? Can you say a few words about the 3D printer settings?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: open source CNC machine - off the shelf components - 3d printed parts - extruded

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Griffing View Post
    Very nice job. A few questions - which DaVinci printer did you use? What material? Can you say a few words about the 3D printer settings?
    I have an older Davinci 1.0 I printed the parts out of ABS and all were printed at 50% solid with thick shells, 2mm layer height and at normal print speed.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cja7928 View Post
    I have an older Davinci 1.0 I printed the parts out of ABS and all were printed at 50% solid with thick shells, 2mm layer height and at normal print speed.

Thanks for the reply. Again - a very nice job. Looks like it would be a very nice machine for PCB routing.