Zero Touch Probe problem - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zero Touch Probe problem

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Zero Touch Probe problem

which speed control board do you have in your mill and how did you connect it to your C11G BOB ?
    does it look any thing like this ?
    Zero Touch Probe problem-xmt-2360-sieg-mill-speed-control-jpg

with the FC250J board in my mini lathe for example
    Zero Touch Probe problem-c2-182a-main-control-board-fc250j-jpg
    its possible to connect the 3 wires that originally connected to the C11G PWM to analogue converter

to calibrate the maximum & minimum spindle speed you need to adjust the preset potentiometers that set the minimum and maximum speed using the original speed control potentiometer

non linearity in the C11G PWM to analogue DC converter will more of a problem to correct

John

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    which speed control board do you have in your mill and how did you connect it to your C11G BOB ?
    does it look any thing like this ?
    Zero Touch Probe problem-xmt-2360-sieg-mill-speed-control-jpg

with the FC250J board in my mini lathe for example
    its possible to connect the 3 wires that originally connected to the C11G PWM to analogue converter

to calibrate the maximum & minimum spindle speed you need to adjust the preset potentiometers that set the minimum and maximum speed using the original speed control potentiometer

non linearity in the C11G PWM to analogue DC converter will more of a problem to correct

John
    Yes I think mine is the 250 board as well. I connected the C11G to pins 1and 2. I did put a CNC to manual switch. So I am breaking the 0-12 volt and the ground. I used a complete separate 12 volts supply.

I don't really understand what you mean about getting signal off the pot.

How can I prove if the rpm index sensor is right

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I am not sure why but in post 41
    "its possible to connect the 3 wires that originally connected to the C11G PWM to analogue converter"
    should of read -
    its possible to connect the 3 wires that originally connected to the FC250 speed control potentiometer terminals P1 , P2 & P3 to the C11G PWM to analogue converter

provided the current taken by the C11G PWM to analogue converter is low enough
    the speed control terminal P1 can supply the +12V to the C11G

with a FC250J / 230V board like this
    or the 110V version

when the speed control potentiometer is fully anti clockwise (counter clockwise )
    the DC voltage from the speed control potentiometer terminal P2 may not turn down to zero with respect to terminal P3

Also the maximum voltage when the potentiometer is fully clockwise may not be exactly 12V
    as you would expect with a 12V zenner diode regulating the 12V supply !

what is the maximum and minimum speeds displayed by mach 3 and your tachometer ?

John

PS
    in mach you can adjust the pulley ratio to change the speed mach 3 displays without changing the actual motor speed

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by john-100 View Post
    I am not sure why but in post 41
    "its possible to connect the 3 wires that originally connected to the C11G PWM to analogue converter"
    should of read -
    its possible to connect the 3 wires that originally connected to the FC250 speed control potentiometer terminals P1 , P2 & P3 to the C11G PWM to analogue converter

provided the current taken by the C11G PWM to analogue converter is low enough
    the speed control terminal P1 can supply the +12V to the C11G

with a FC250J / 230V board like this
    or the 110V version

when the speed control potentiometer is fully anti clockwise (counter clockwise )
    the DC voltage from the speed control potentiometer terminal P2 may not turn down to zero with respect to terminal P3

Also the maximum voltage when the potentiometer is fully clockwise may not be exactly 12V
    as you would expect with a 12V zenner diode regulating the 12V supply !

what is the maximum and minimum speeds displayed by mach 3 and your tachometer ?

John

PS
    in mach you can adjust the pulley ratio to change the speed mach 3 displays without changing the actual motor speed

I have the Little Machine Shop beltdrive installed maybe my ratio is off,,,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123