Hardware store design CNC router #1 - Page 27

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1724252627

Thread: Hardware store design CNC router #1

Downloads
    Uploads

Is there any more interest in this thread? ... Pix of a working one with a recap of the supplies and process would be nice... I figure newbies like me happen along on occasion.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just finished reading all of this thread. My head hurts. There is so much information OVERLOAD!!!!

I am trying to get a good start on one. This as given me a lot of information to absorb.

I have an idea of how I will build mine, but this tread helped a lot.

Buzz.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just finished reading all of this thread. My head hurts. There is so much information OVERLOAD!!!!

I am trying to get a good start on one. This as given me a lot of information to absorb.

I have an idea of how I will build mine, but this tread helped a lot.

Buzz.

Downloads
    Uploads

Gret4U93 .. No images showed, just adds for hosting services. What was supposed to be there?

... it appears the post was deleted.

Last edited by jcoats; 11-30-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    You can check my web site for pictures of my system.

JDB Observatory

My good friend Nick and have been building this machine for the last few years and so far have 2 of the axis working. The Z axis is getting closer. As you can see from the photos on the web site it is built mostly from junk.

Jack
    Edmonds, Wa
    Thanks , gave me some great ideas.... I build every thing out of this very hard and strong angle....all my welding carts and plasma carts are made from it ! A good sorce of this is repo House trailer sales ( on evey corner in Fla ) They repo and throw every thing in big dumpsters ...a case of beer will get you anything you want from the cleanup crews...now the stack it and I don't have to dumpster dive ! hit my favs around 4:30 pm and they have a 55 gal plastic barrel cut in half and i dump the beer and a 10 lb bag of ice and add a little water...they love to see me come !... ; )

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool New build

Aloha guys,
    yes I live in Hawaii, and no I'm not rich.
    I have been reading around this zone for a couple of years now but I havn't said much, I'm not sure where this post should be but here goes, I have built a cnc hotwire a couple years back and it still works fine, now I have built a router table and have some questions and I will be posting some pics soon especially if I'm in the right place.
    On this machine I am using Mach 2 and it says for the e-stop it must stop all activity without depending on the software, OK, how do I wire this up and it says to have a reset button in addition, how is this wired?
    My hotwire is so slow I don't have to worry but this is a different animal so just want to be safe. I have the e-stop but no reset button yet. Please advise. Thanks in advance and Aloha for now Duane

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just finished my first router. Since I got so much help from the community, I thought to share some pics and if anybody needs help, please let me know.

The machine is strictly hardware store and value-village design, and the goal was to be very economical. I would say the whole thing can be built from under $300.

Pics: cnc v0.5 - Imgur

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hardware store design CNC router #1

Well its been just over a year since last post here. I read ever damn one and cant wrap my head around what happened. Started out great and just fizzled out. Pedro13 I like the simplicity of your machine. What size and acuracy? If an yone has any more ideas would love to see them. Going to start my plans this week on a machine. Im would like 24x36 usable inches and at least 6 inches of Z.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hardware store design CNC router #1

Nice build! I'm looking to do something like this for my first CNC.. With keeping it under $300 can you go into a little more detail on the parts you used? Motors/Screws/Timing Belts/etc...

The accuracy from the pictures your posted looks to be very good for that budget so I'm curious about what hardware you actually used.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pedro13 View Post
    Just finished my first router. Since I got so much help from the community, I thought to share some pics and if anybody needs help, please let me know.

The machine is strictly hardware store and value-village design, and the goal was to be very economical. I would say the whole thing can be built from under $300.

Pics: cnc v0.5 - Imgur

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1724252627