What's new you asked?

Thread: What's new you asked?

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up What's new you asked?

I just wanted to let you guys know what's new.

For the past couple of days myself and HU (and a couple of un named guys) have been given the opportunity to look at the latest update/ patch for OneCNC Xp series software. In a word: WOW.

We have been putting it thru the wringer, and I wanted to tell you about some of the new stuff. (not all though).
    They have listen to user suggestions and incorporated many. With more to come.

There are some new tool path options that are very impressive. Lots of different ways to approach the work zone. And several different choices for tool path styles. New multi logic pocketing and Z level machining.

A new "Tool Path Preview" fuction. This is the Cat's Meow. A live "movie" of your selected tool path, complete with tool, cutting your model. As HU said "the only thing missing are the chips".

Here you can "play" your tool paths or step thru them a step at a time. And you can zoom or rotate the model while the "movie" is playing. This allows you to look at any section close up or rotate to a better view, all with out the simulation stopping. And you can use a solid model or a transparent one. The transparent model allows you to see into say a pocket bottom to really check out what is going on. Too Cool.

Several more tool bars options have been added. All fully customizable.

Lots of "tune ups". Something like 100 items. To name a couple, the auto save is now working right and the facing has been improved.

New tool colors in simulation, every tool has a different color on the simulated model to show what tool did what cuts.

A new Import funtion called: Import - Backplot - (g code ISO format) for importing g code from other sources.

The Verify funtion is improved and is now modal.

We did find some "wrinkles" but with in less than 24 hours of reporting them OneCNC had them all fixed. Talk about fast.

The release is very close.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by wms; 06-19-2003 at 12:10 AM.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you know if the patch extends to the XP professional as well as XP expert or portions only?

Any release date mentioned?

Is the hatching option functioning with the new patch with out saving/reloading?

Thanks

Ken

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by Ken_Shea
    Do you know if the patch extends to the XP professional as well as XP expert or portions only?

Any release date mentioned?

Is the hatching option functioning with the new patch with out saving/reloading?

Thanks

Ken
    Ken,
    How did I know you would ask these questions?

I believe the patch / update is for all Xp series stuff.

Release is soon... very soon...

The hatching option funtion is not in this one.... Sorry I checked that myself.

But It's a minor irritation, at worst.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I have no idea how you would know.

a minor irritation at worst, This is very true.

06/20/03 DELIVERY DAY!

Downloads
    Uploads

I did have to update my video drivers for the new patch. If you run dual monitors, you may experience a blank simulation window if you have dragged it off of your primary monitor.

I'm running an ATI Radeon 9500 at home on dual monitors, and that was the setup that gave me a problem. The May 15 release of the ATI drivers fixed it right up.

Always uninstall the previous driver set before installing the new one, to make sure that all the video files are given the best opportunity for replacement.

How many of you are running dual monitors? It's just perfect for OnecncXP, because there's so much stuff I want to keep open at once. CAD on the left, and NC manager and NC editor on the right.

Two 17 inch monitors are far better (and cheaper) than one 19 or even a 21 inch monitor. I've tried it.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Where can I check out the ONECNC XP Series Software.We might be looking for some new software.

rollie

Downloads
    Uploads

Their are banners on the site, just click it.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Who has dual monitors

The big question is not how many have dual monitors but rather who but HU is organazied enough to have room for two monitors on their desk

My next upgrad is most definetly going to have them.

Any one have any experience using cad with the LCD monitors?

Liked, loved/ no way?

Ken

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Who has dual monitors

Liked, loved/ no way?

Ken
    I like drafting on my LCD the only problem is the price for a really big one.

Thank You,
    Paul G

Check out-
    [URL="http://www.signs101.com"]www.signs101.com[/URL]

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Who has dual monitors

The big question is not how many have dual monitors but rather who but HU is organazied enough to have room for two monitors on their desk

My next upgrad is most definetly going to have them.

Liked, loved/ no way?

Ken
    Heheh, yes I had to tear my office down and rearrange it for dual monitors at work. I had a 21" there, but I added a 17 on the side. I got to like that so much, I had to do the same thing at home (I do some Onecnc at home, too).

I added a 17" LCD (equivalent to a 19" tube) at home. I was amazed at how bright and sharp it is. I bought it pretty cheap, but new, off of Ebay. It is NITS brand name (I know, never heard of it), but so far, it seems to be defect free. That's the risk of LCD, is the eventual crapping out of a pixel or two here or there, or maybe even a whole row

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know when the mentioned "wow" patch will be made available to users?

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is a quote concerning one of the astounding new features in the future of OnecncXP

(Quote)

Z level roughing update

We call it multi-logic as now you can select the following approaches:

-Boundary ramp (that is what XP presently has)

-Helix ramp approach

-Zig Zag ramp approach

-Plunge

-Drill Points

You can now specify, of course, climb or conventional milling.

-Start from outside and work in

-Start in middle and work out

This also has multi – logic because if you select say helix approach and if it is a deep Z level with islands and and other changing shapes in the model it could as you know as you go down in the pocket z levels the helix may not fit and when this happens you get a message that this is so and it allows you to then change it to zig zag or plunge etc. And as it may even get worse as it goes down it continues to give you choices.

That has all been added to the Z level that is in expert and professional.

(end quote)

Isn't that last feature kick-buttocks? Imagine, really intelligent roughing that doesn't quit just because the tool cannot continue on the same type of roughing routine as you started with!

I tell ya, Bob F. and his team gotta love machining to go to that much pain to figure that out. I am astounded

Last edited by HuFlungDung; 06-25-2003 at 12:57 AM.