End result

Thread: End result

Downloads
    Uploads

Default End result

Unfortionattly being quite ignorant on CNC I am not sure many times how to even frame the question I am thinking. I am wonderng when creating a drawing does OneCnc create the Gcode based on the end result or the steps it took to draw it?

If that makes any sense at all.

Thanks
    Ken

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Ken,

On the basis that you can create gcode from a customer model that was converted to igs and then opened in Onecnc, I would imagine that all traces of "drawing sequence" would be totally obliterated.

What have you observed?

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Hu,
    At the present I do not even have a CNC mill so I do not have any observations to draw experience from. When drawing a part I know that I sometimes go the long way around to accomplish the end result, my concern is, will these extra steps create problems when wanting to machine it?

Thanks for the input

Ken

Downloads
    Uploads

Default End results

Ken and Hu,
    The program saves the drawing steps to a temp file. That's why you can undo or redo any and all steps you make.

Then when you generate tool paths it saves those steps also to a temp file attached to the cad file. That's why you can Edit operations,IE; tool paths, or reorder them. That's also why when you reopen the file the nc operations are still there.

Then when you post the operations it takes those operations you have selected and turns them into code to reflect your config.

That said, it only uses the operations that you have generated and selected to give you machine code. So no Ken it dosn't use the unselected steps you took to make your final model.

Hu the steps are not really " totally obliterated". Just "irrelevant" as far as the machine code is concerned.

Clear as Mud.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks to you guys the mud is now just quite murky.

Thanks
    Ken

Downloads
    Uploads

Just the way we like it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default drawing sequence

It doesn't seem to matter. I complete my drawing and then tell it how to machine it.You determine drill here then here then pocket this then profile that and so on and so on.The order in which you draw it makes no matter unless you draw a line then say machine it and then draw another line and say machine that and so on.