Latest version in 3 in 1 upgrade file

Thread: Latest version in 3 in 1 upgrade file

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Latest version in 3 in 1 upgrade file

The latest release will upgrade either Mill Production, Mill Professional or it will patch Mill Expert software from Onecnc, just in case you had not heard from another source.

Its great to see those tweaks coming in! I got at least one of my wishes so far, they did add a Max spindle speed in the material List screen, so be sure you check that so that you will get feedrates that are capped at what your machine spindle can actually run at. Minor perhaps, but convenient

They have also fixed the tap tables in the tool list, so that the correct pitch (as a decimal) is retained now. Use this figure in combination with a somewhat lower setting in the Max spindle speed option to get an accurate feedrate for "floating tap holders", which is what I use quite frequently.

Has anyone got any inkling as to what the trick is to get the correct machining time put out on the job sheet? It seems like I have to set my machine rapid speed to 10 to get a reasonable figure, but I just don't understand why the programmed feedrates are not the ones being used to make this calculation. Anyone set me straight on this, please?

I see some new parameters in NC post settings, Start and Finish format, called Block Start - X and so on. I haven't figured out if this has a general purpose usage or not?

One thing I'd still like to see, is when creating a new custom cycle, if you have parameters that you want to see repeated in the "mid lines" area, basically just copies of what was also inserted in the Start lines field, you don't see the variable substitutions made anywhere except for the very first instance. I guess the assumption is made that every cycle is modal, but such is not the case. Some of these pesky little things have to be repeated over and over.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by HuFlungDung; 05-14-2003 at 02:03 PM.
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

HU,

Where did you get the patch?

Mike Reyes sent me one about 3 weeks ago - has there been a new one since? If there is a link to it, could you post it here?

By the way, I talked to Mike on Monday and he says he wasn't sure on the delivery date for the manuals.

Mark Linder

Downloads
    Uploads

Check your email, Mark. I'm not sure if there is any reason why they wouldn't post the link here, except maybe they are too busy to do it. So, until I know otherwise, I'll send it by email or PM to interested parties.

EDIT Upon closer examination of what the installer does, it seems to change Mill Professional into a OnecncXP Mill Professional, but then it requests a new password for it as well. So a word of caution, don't install this over top of your existing Mill Professional until we find out what is supposed to be happening.

second edit
    Michael Reyes at Onecnc cleared up what this new "3 in 1" patch does:

Murray,

These are XP Series Products not 2000 Series and you have every feature of both production and professional in the Expert system and have no need for the other two. They are basically the same programs with selected features turned off.

Michael

Last edited by HuFlungDung; 04-18-2003 at 01:32 PM.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Hu, just to help clarify;
    was the patch you received to update your Mill Professional to XP mill professional? and was there a charge for this update?

Thanks
    Ken

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Patch

Ken,
    I'm not Hu but I know the answer to that.

Mill2000 and XP ptoducts are not the same, so the 3 in 1 patch Hu is talking about is to update only XP products. There is an update for mill2000 also. But if your purchased in the last few months you probable already have the latest stuff. You can go to http://www.onecnc.com and check the downloads to see.

If I recall you have XP mill pro, right?

Second part: AFAIK there is never a charge for updates.

Downloads
    Uploads

I just received an email describing the prices, I guess I would call them upgrades, since there is now an XP version of the previous Mill Production and Mill Professional softwares. The upgrade price is $2955 for Mill Expert, $995 for Mill Pro and $500 for Mill Prod. Basically, the entire family of programs (including Xpert) should look the same, except that certain features are turned on when you purchase the higher priced package.

Quote from email:

Now, this is the XP series feature list Breakdown that will help you to better understand which package would best fit your needs.

OneCNC-XP Series Upgrade Prices

OneCNC XP Mill Expert - 2955 $ USD - Full CAD/CAM Version for advance Machining package including Mill Prof & Mill Prod as per :

- Part Join and Parting Tools
    - Block Holes
    - Steep Wall Machining
    - Flat and Shallow area Machining
    - Radial Machining
    - Spiral Machining
    - Custom Machining
    - Plunge Roughing
    - Independent Scaling
    - Perfect Render TI ( True Image)
    - Shelling

OneCNC XP Mill Professional - 955 $ USD - 2 1/2 & 3 Axes Machining Hybrid package Including Mill Prod as per :

- Surface Modeling
    - Hybrid Solid Modeling
    - Surface and Solid Operations
    - Many more filleting scenarios
    - Planar Finishing with SMT (Solid Machining Technology)
    - Planar Roughing
    - Z Level Finishing with SMT
    - Z Level Roughing
    - 3D Multi Surfacing Machining
    - 3D Solids Machining

OneCNC XP Mill Production - 500 $ USD - Specific for 2 1/2 & 3 Axes Machining standard package as per :

- Multi Documents
    - Multi Views
    - Dynamic OpenGL Viewing
    - Wireframe Drafting
    - IGES, STEP, VDA-FS, 3DM, and DXF translators
    - Import Rhino, 3DM Files Directly
    - Associative Machining
    - Drag and Drop NC Operations
    - Wizard Driven Cam
    - 2 1/2 Axis Machining
    - Multiple Users
    - 3D Contouring
    - Pocketing
    - Pocketing Multiple Island
    - Pocketing Tapered Wall
    - New Pocket Features (smart removal, zigzag)
    - Drilling and Tapping
    - Engraving
    - Advanced Configurable Post
    - NC Manager
    - Interactive Job Sheets
    - Any Post NC Code Verification
    - Separate NC Editor & DNC Communications
    - New Interface (layers, toolbox)
    - XP Themes Support
    - User Interface Improvements
    - Multiple Color Support
    - Internet Hooks and Email Organization
    - Full Color File Previews
    - Customizable Toolbars
    - Facing Function
    - Arc Text
    - SHX or Stick Font Support

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, are you saying if you already have millproff 2000 that you would have to pay $995.00 to upgrade to mill pro xp?

Downloads
    Uploads

Apparently so. I made the jump right from the old Mill Pro to the new Mill Expert, so I can't fill you in on what you'd be getting on a straight across upgrade, but you can also test drive the upgrade versions for 30 days or your money back, in case you try it out and find it doesn't suit you.

It is not clear from the feature list if you would get the "Rest machining" capability in Mill ProfXP. You might want to inquire about that one, because I think that could most easily pay for itself in time saved. It allows you the potential to use larger cutters to machine broad gentle curves, and then to find out the detail areas that need machining later on with a smaller cutter to ensure adequate stock removal in areas where gouge protection would not permit the larger cutter to enter.

I sort of used this feature just lately to check the cutter size I intended to use on a complex 3d model where I normally would have just "guessed" a cutter ball diameter to use. I was able to use a much larger cutter, and then check the backplot with the "Rest Robot" to see if there was still a few areas that might need cleanup, but the rendering simulation showed that it was okay. Of course, this permitted a larger stepover and less time on the machine. Oh, darn, that reminds me I forgot to charge the customer less because of this

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Just to clarify

There are a lot of things which could seem confusing here: there are patches that were available for One2000 versions of software. There is never a charge for the patches.

Then, Mill Expert was released, the first in the XP series. It has been patched with updates a couple of times, at no charge to XP subscribers.

Then, there are upgrades made available for the older One2000 series of Mill Production and Mill Professional, to bring these into the XP series, but this is still an upgrade, and these upgrades do have a price. Hopefully, that will clear up what is happening here.

At present, I do not know if there will be further update patches for the One2000 Mill Production or One2000 Mill Professional, so far as bug fixes, who knows. But I would imagine that any actual new features would likely only be found in the XP series.