Transferring User settings

Thread: Transferring User settings

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Transferring User settings

If you run your Onecnc software on more than one computer, you may like to know how to transfer your customized toolbar settings. I spent about 6 hours last night trying to come up with a solution that would allow One2000 Lathe, One2000 Mill, OnecncXP and Bobcad 18 to run with the same basic set of accelerator keys. Bobcad was the main holdback, because it is "b!tching" hard to change the keys in there, and certain ones do not like to be changed at all.

Anyways, I did discover where the various files are in these three Onecnc softwares, that retain your custom hotkeys:

One2000 Lathe and One2000 Mill Professional: look for a file called accel.dat in the main folder. Those are your settings. There is a seperate file for each software you might have installed.

In OnecncXP, the file is found in OneCNC-XP/Mill Expert/Settings/user/default and is called settings.ini.

It might be a good idea to back these up somewhere in case during patch installation, they were to ever get overwritten.

If anyone wishes to contact me for a copy of the menu hotkey files that I use that are basically compatible with all the OneCNC versions and also don't conflict with what you might have memorized in using Bobcad (if you are a recent convert to Onecnc ), drop me a PM and I will email them to you. I can also email you some screen captures from Onecnc properties that serve as a "cheat sheet" if you want to print out the Hotkeys from my settings files.

There is the odd setting that seems to somehow be sensitive to whether you are using a left or right CTRL, ALT, or SHIFT, although there is no way that I differentiated between these keys. In particular, ALT+C in One2000 lathe seems to be linked to something else if you use the LEFT ALT key, but it works right if you use the RIGHT ALT key.