Project a curve

Thread: Project a curve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Project a curve

I want to wrap a graphic skin to the same curve as a mold cavity skin. I do not want to join the two skins. I want to machine the graphic as a separate operation after the cavity is milled.
    Can I extrude the graphic after I have used project a curve? Or should I make the graphic skin an extruded solid and use a solid editing tool like "difference" and use the cavity skin to slice the graphic solid at two different elevations?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Project A Curve

A Curve can be projected onto a surface and then machined quite easily in the Mill Professional. The one thing to look out for is compensation of the tool using wireframe in 3D.

I think your second approach would result not only in a safer more controlled program but will allow you to machine the model rather than the wireframe projected onto it.

In the XP Series Mill Expert we have a new function that allows you to "apply" (which differs from project) a custom wireframe toolpath onto a model that is then examined in relationship to the surfaces and the cutter being used. A "groove" depth can then be defined as part of the CAM Wizard for that function. It differs from the existing function by doing a tool to model comparison and behind the scenes NURBS interaction.

However the Mill Professional will accomplish this task for you easily.

(see attached final part image fo reference)

Tech Support
    OneCNC LLC
    (877) 626-1262
    support@onecnc.com
    www.onecnc.com

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project a curve-nr029-jpg