From/To car position - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From/To car position

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by mlinder
    Mine pans correctly with the Shift key as to mentioned. It also rotates properly using the Ctrl Key.

Maybe it has something to do with the "unobtainium" release of the newest Expert update???

I am on version 5.14

Just a thought.

Mark Linder
    (Still sweating in San Diego)
    BINGO MARK

VER 5.14 is ok.

But I get: "ctrl / arrows = pan and "shift / arrows = rotate. Backwords from you.
    Production, Professional and Expert all ver 5.14 are this way for me.

Windows Xp pro.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I am Running 2000 Profesional OneCNC XP Production

I have found that Ctr + Arrow will pan once then stop working. However if you left mouse click on the screen it will "reset" and will be able to pan one increment again.

Shift + arrow will rotate correctly except after trying to pan then a left click of the mouse will "reset" and the function works correctly.

John

John F.

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by John F
    I am Running 2000 Profesional OneCNC XP Production

I have found that Ctr + Arrow will pan once then stop working. However if you left mouse click on the screen it will "reset" and will be able to pan one increment again.

Shift + arrow will rotate correctly except after trying to pan then a left click of the mouse will "reset" and the function works correctly.

John
    John,
    Close your file and then reopen it and let me know if the control / arrow will pan ok then.
    If not, close your program and reopen and then try it and let me know.

Thanks

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

I feel dumb...

Here is what REALLY happens on my system:

Shift plus left click of mouse = zoom

Shift plus right click= pan

Ctrl plus left click = rotate
    Ctrl plus right click = pan

So..... Shift or Ctrl plus right click = pan

Sorry for my mistake WMS!!

I'm gonna go now. I have clicked too many times.

Mark Linder
    (Sweating AND Clicking in San Diego)

Downloads
    Uploads

WMS

Same results no matter when I do it with new window or new "program"

I did have a virus recently but I don't think it has affected OneCNC. I guess I could reinstall it. But others seem to have similar problems also.

John

John F.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks John,
    I'll look into Windows 2000, that my be the difference.
    Seems Windows Xp is Ok.
    I'll also look at Windows 98 before someone asks.

So I guess the anwer to your second question is yes "I" can Pan with the key board, but right now for some reason "you" can't.

Thanks Mark. I was really

By the way ver "unobtainium" works ok also.

Downloads
    Uploads

Guys,

In Windows 98 with all the Xp series the combo of:

Ctrl / arrows = rotates the model dynamicly
    Shift / arrows is the same as above.

ctrl or shift and mouse button (right or left) does nothing.

So I'm begining to believe each ver of Windows acts differently.

John, I'll e-mail support about this and see if it is something that can be adjusted for different Windows versions. It may be that's possible and may be not. I know that Windows Xp pro has the "pan" feature you are asking for.

HU,
    If you have Windows 2000 loaded and seeing the same problem as John with the "pan" lock up, would you send that in to support?

Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

XP-Ptrofessional / W2000
    pan works perfect with Control/arrows,

Rotate works with caps lock/arrow keys and seems much more controllable and predictable then with the mouse.

Shift/Arrow keyc rotates what seems to be 90 degrees with each arrow stroke, cant quite figure out exactly what it is doing.

Tab/Arrow keys rotates in small increments.

Hey this is fun!

Ken

Downloads
    Uploads

I cannot seem to reproduce that lock-up of the panning function such as John described, but I did see it once. I've been leaving my comp idle with EXpert running most of the afternoon, it works every time I try it now.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is how to make it happen: start up XP and open a new file. Then open another existing file. This gives you two open files. The panning function then will seem to stall, although you might see the screen flickering as if it is trying to move but is stuck. I think that there must be priority going to the new file window in the background.

To fix, close the "new file" window that you are not using.

Confirmation anyone?

Last edited by HuFlungDung; 07-11-2003 at 11:15 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Originally posted by HuFlungDung
    Here is how to make it happen: start up XP and open a new file. Then open another existing file. This gives you two open files. The panning function then will seem to stall, although you might see the screen flickering as if it is trying to move but is stuck. I think that there must be priority going to the new file window in the background.

To fix, close any empty, but open file windows.

Confirmation anyone?
    Hu,
    That's A BIG TEN FOUR. That will do it. If you do have an empty file open, (like when you start up the program) and open a existing file with out closing the new empty file. It acts just as you decribe.

I have started a new thread with a gold mine of info that Bob Francis just e-mailed me about key combinations for onecnc.

Pretty good when you can e-mail support at 4:30 pm friday US(9:30 am sat AUS) and get a detailed reply in less than 2 hours.

Downloads
    Uploads

Okay, I'll send in a note. This can likely be fixed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Thanks Guys

Thanks guys for all your help on this.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink IN CAR POSITION

IN CAR POSITION IN ONE CNC MEANS WHEN YOU IMPORT THE
    MODEL IT WILL IMPORT FROM UCS DATUM IT WAS CONSTRUCTED
    IN OTHER PARTY SOFTWARE,WHICH MAY NOT BE THE DATUM YOU REQUIRE TO MANUFACTURE IN ONE CNC,SO WHEN YOU IMPORT IT MAY NOT BE AT YOUR DATUM AND NOT PARALEL . OVERCOME THIS ONE CNC GIVES A OPTION FROM IN CAR POSITION WHICH ALLOWS YOU TO TAKE IT FROM THERE POSITION TO ONECNC POSITION ,I NOTICE SOME PEOPLE MOVE COMPONENT AROUND UNTIL ITS WHERE THEY WANT IT,HERES WHAT YOU DO LOOK AT YOUR COMPONENT ESTABLISH A FACE YOU WOULD LIKE IT TO BE
    LEVEL WITH YOUR X Y Z IN ONE CNC, PUT THREE POINTS ON THE FACE THEN SELECT ALL MODEL THEN SELECT FROM IN CAR POSITION THEN IT WILL ASK FOR A PLANE SELECT PICK THEN PICK THE THREE POINTS WHEN YOU SELECT THE THIRD POINT
    ONE CNC WILL MOVE COMPONENT TO THAT PLANE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO NOW IS CREATE A CURVE FROM AND EDGE PUT A POINT ON
    END(BETTER WHEN YOU CAN GET A EDGE FROM HOLE IN COMPONENT THEN CREATE A POINT IN MIDDLE)VERIFY WHERE THE POINT IS POSITION THEN TRANSLATE TO POSITION REQUIRED
    HOPE THIS HELPS
    REGARDS
    PETER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12