Need Help! Syntec 6MB soft limits

Thread: Syntec 6MB soft limits

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Syntec 6MB soft limits

Is it possible to set soft limits for programs that are within the stroke limits?

We have a 1250x2500mm bed and I would like to have soft limits to prevent files form being run if they extend this area. At present the stroke limits are close to the machine hard limits. I'd like to set limits that take G54 values into account.

Any help would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Syntec 6MB soft limits

Not sure - you should be able to set the limits in further but I don't think the syntec 'looks' for out of limit code when doing the preview (as my last controller Centroid did - it would throw up an error). So while you can reduce your limits it may not solve the issue of identifying programming errors of trying to program vectors that are 'off the table'.

Graham

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Yurtman View Post
    Is it possible to set soft limits for programs that are within the stroke limits?

We have a 1250x2500mm bed and I would like to have soft limits to prevent files form being run if they extend this area. At present the stroke limits are close to the machine hard limits. I'd like to set limits that take G54 values into account.

Any help would be appreciated.
    G54 is your work offset or Start Position X0 Y0 Start Position, when you do you cad / cam program you should set up a frame around your job that is where the soft limits are activated, then you would place your work piece on the machine table within that cad drawing so the soft limits won't be hit

Mactec54

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, agreed the limits shouldn't be breached if the files are setup right. 99.9% of the time it isn't a problem. We run two machines, and they are orientated differently, ie XY home are in different corners. A colleague setup a file in the wrong orientation for the machine and crashed the cutter into alu rail that surrounds the bed. Syntec definitely checks files fit within, what it calls stroke limits. The problem is that the stroke limits need to be where they are for tool changes and for jogging the machine, but I want tighter limits for files running. Looking at the parameters, there are 3 sets of stroke limits. I also see there is a note that states 'The second software travel limit is turned on or off by C83.' (Although this note is written below the 3rd set of travel limits parameters). I can only guess that keying in C83 will switch between limits. So potentially if tool change code is sandwiched between C83, larger limits could be used for tool changes and smaller limits could be used for the rest of the file. I may have a play. It's so frustrating that there is no meaningful parameter descriptions.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have had some correspondence from Syntec over this. The second set of limits can be used and switched on and off with G22/G23. I will have a play and add these to my PP in the header/footer and either end of a tool change. I'll report back.

Downloads
    Uploads

I did test this out today, and G22 does turn on the second set of stroke limits, and G23 turns them back off.

Downloads
    Uploads

The soft limit of g54 is not set separately. The entire travel range of the machine can only be changed by parameters.
    G54 is your work offset or Start Position X0 Y0 Start Position, when you do you cad / cam program you should set up a frame around your job that is where the soft limits are activated, then you would place your work piece on the machine table within that cad drawing so the soft limits won't be hit.
    Syntec 6MB soft limits-_20191216105811-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Syntec 6MB soft limits-_20191216105811-jpg