Problem RF wireless tool set model DT02 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RF wireless tool set model DT02

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RF wireless tool set model DT02

Yeah, guess that is what we should have all expected. Have not taken my DT02 apart because it is still working. However, some of the other clone touch off sensors that are copies of expensive alternatives when opened up where also terrible construction inside the unit. The centroid touch off unit was like $600 or something which was more than I wanted to spend. Wow when dcgregan z axis came down it did not stop. When mine has crashed my servo gets over current when it hits something solid and the amplifier errors out and saves the machine. All my other axis limit switches actual connect in series to the enable leads of all the amps so when anyone faults the machine freezes. The z axis is harder to do in this method without something that requires adjustment on each tool change.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All
    Just an update to say that we have implemented the fail safe on all 3 of our machines and all is now good.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    djcregan,
    I also have the DT02 touch off tool sensor. I do not think this has anything to do with your Omni machine. That sensor once powered up never initializes unless you press the silver touch off button. That wakes up the receiver and puts it in the correct state. This is the most bizarre design ever. I have my mounted on a router that is running Centroid CNC12 software and it was causing me all kinds of headaches. If you failed to initialize that sensor the CNC12 software would issue an error you were already there. I actually changed the CNC12 PLC code that puts a reminder on the screen of CNC12 if I forget to press the button upon startup. Not an elegant solutions but better than nothing. Might need to find a different touch off sensor.

Russ
    Russ, I have purchased the DT02, and am trying to wire it to the All In One DC bard from Centorid, Any help would be great

Downloads
    Uploads

jon,
    The DT02 is easy to wire up. The power is anything between 5V and 24V, I used 5V. You connect 5V to the RED and the common to the BLACK. The other two leads just tie to common and one of your inputs. This is supposed to be a normally open switch that closed when the RF sensor fires. In the centroid software hit control I and watch the inputs as you press the DT02. If you see the LED changing you have it connected correctly. I have the Centroid Acorn, but the All in one DC board should have similar inputs. Look in your manual at the inputs and see how they are configured as PNP or NPN. Then you can determine if you need a positive for common or a ground. It is really easy to test.

RF wireless tool set model DT02-img_0101-jpg

The wiring diagram is right on the round unit see the photo.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

deleted.

Downloads
    Uploads

I've had enough of the DT02, it's now fluctuating by up to 0.4mm which is no good. I'm going to wire in a probe as a replacement. I am struggling to find a sprung prove with a top plate at big as the DT02, which is the minimum I want to go to as I use 35mm diameter mortise cutters (no cutter contact in the center). I am keen to find out what the probe is in Syntec Lee's machine, view-able at 8:30 in his .

It may not work, as the 6MB controller will only allow a maximum 26.5mm offset between tool probe and machine bed, and this sensor looks tall. I may order one of these to play with. I'd need to come up with a mounting plate to attach it to the bed, machine a larger top plate and attach it to the plunger.

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is my 2 cents about this.
    First, Syntec doesn't limit the offset/difference between the probe-to-table to anything in particular.. unless, a syntec programmer/configurator does so.

Second, you are right, those probe sensors ususally are good up to a 3/4" tip size...
    but that will always be a problem...
    I have a 80mm cutter, that I end up measuring and recording the tool height offset in a manual procedure, and then I record it to the offset table.

Good luck..
    I would always, always, build a machine with a wired sensor that is as critical as the tool height probe.

Downloads
    Uploads

I quoted the wrong figure, but the parameter for the probe to table is limited to approx 65.5mm....yes this may have been an Omni intervention. Either way it doesn't eliminate some of the taller probes. The passive probe I was thinking of buying like these is no good. It would rely on the tool being on the zero V plane/earth, but oddly the HSD is not earthed, maybe it's insulated??

Anyway I'm looking at these They have a normally open option which I think is what the DT02. It also has an overplunge alarm output. It would be ideal to loop this back into the syntec input board, potentially in the estop circuit....any ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads

So yes, as stated earlier on this thread the DT02 is closed on wakeup and requires probing to change it's state to OPEN. Why this critical information isn't given to customers is so irresponsible.

I don't see how this statement from Omni support earlier in this thread can be true: 'There is another protectism for the sensor,the Syntec signla will be stay on NC,when machine power on,you need to press the sensor to let it into NO,then the sensor can work,this should be done every time when you shut down and restart cnc.'

As I see it, it has nothing to do with the controller, the controller is simply seeing a closed state from the DT02 on start up. I may remove the DT02 input form the syntec board tomorrow to verify the state of the input is ordinarily open on startup.

Downloads
    Uploads

So I have replaced the DT02 with a wired alternative, here it is:
    RF wireless tool set model DT02-img_20200311_135348_1_copy_2016x1134-jpg
    It has a nice big 50mm touch plate for larger tools and a NC emergency circuit which I have wired into a E stop. It also has air jets for keeping the plate dust free. Over all this feels solid.

Downloads
    Uploads

Interestingly. I have just received a new machine from Omni and this one has a wired tool set. So good to see they have listened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Yurtman View Post
    So I have replaced the DT02 with a wired alternative, here it is:
    RF wireless tool set model DT02-img_20200311_135348_1_copy_2016x1134-jpg
    It has a nice big 50mm touch plate for larger tools and a NC emergency circuit which I have wired into a E stop. It also has air jets for keeping the plate dust free. Over all this feels solid.
    Could you share where to buy the wired z setter? Ebay link maybe? Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

The item is here https://www.amazon.co.uk/Automatic-S...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

To use this tool setter I had to change Syntec paramater 3411 to allow the tool setter offset height of approx 90mm to be accepted. I had to relocate the tool setter so that it would not be hit by the dust show when machining. With the location I had to change the post processor to include a 'G0Y2440.000' after each tool probe as there was a chance the spindle head/dust shoe would crash into the stored tool 1 in the linear rack (depending where the machine was heading after the tool change). I also had to increase safe Z in files to 100mm (20mm over the tool probe) as the tool probe macro on my machine lowers the tool after probing directly over the probe to safe Z.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12