Problem RF wireless tool set model DT02 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RF wireless tool set model DT02

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: RF wireless tool set model DT02

Yes
    I think your right.
    So the system is flawed and not to an industrial standard. Ok for diy maybe but not in a production environment. ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

My DT02 touch plate failed yesterday. It's not a precision instrument even when working. I stripped it down to investigate the problem, there is a very thin probe attached to the underside of the touch plate that hits a grounding plate when the plunger is depressed. The problem is that the probe is attached by friction fit, and mine was only making intermittent contact when plunged. For me, the touch plate is a critical component that needs to be top quality and reliable. I have asked Omni for a replacement, but in the long term I will look for a better quality wired alternative.

@djcregan would you mind sharing the 3d printer file for the fail safe body? I could print this off on my 3d printer. Could you let me know how you've wired in the switch?

When my touch plate finally failed yesterday, the z kept sliding into the switch and I had to hit the e stop. But before I hit it, the tool in the hold pushed up into the holder grinding as it went. I am concerned that given the massive resistance when the Z didn't stop, that a coupling on the servo to lead screw could slip and introduce slop. I had a situation on our AXYZ machine where a drive pulley wore it's key to the stepper shaft, this slop resulting in backlash.

@djcregan you mention that a z slide bracket broke when the touch plate failed, which part is this specifically? Did you investigate the coupling between servo and z lead screw?

Anyone had a hard stop on the X Y or Z? I'm interested to find out if the drive pulley/spurs are likely to fail before the machine stops? Will alarm be raised/servos cut if resistance is beyond torque?

cuttingedgecnc.co.uk
    info@cuttingedgecnc.co.uk

Downloads
    Uploads

Does anyone know the wiring connections for the touch plate receiver? I'd like to consider a wired alternative like this: https://cnc-plus.de/en/Router-Access...g-Sensor-.html I'm assuming it simply closes connection when plunged. If the controller board just needs a a pair of pins to close loop to switch then I think with would work.

cuttingedgecnc.co.uk

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Yurtnam
    Happy to share the files if it helps. Be aware that not all DT02 models are identical so the height of the plunger can be slightly different. I’ll send you a dimension drawing as well.
    Please pm me so I can send them by email.

By the way, damage is likely to be severe if you have a large cutter in the spindle, see attached.

Downloads
    Uploads

As for wiring I’ve just tapped into a he emergency stop button on the controller.

Downloads
    Uploads

@djcregan just tried to message you, but your inbox is full. Jees, that mounting plate has snapped like a cracker. Did you have any slip in the servo to lead screw coupling?

cuttingedgecnc.co.uk

Downloads
    Uploads

No offense meant.. but I can't believe anyone is even using a wireless sensor for such a function.
    I have a SYNTEC 6MB machine.. ATC... and a wired sensor.
    Beware.. Chinease machine makers are lazy.. like many trades in the US.
    I can't believe people don't just run the wires and hook up a wired sensor (no batteries to fail..no sygnal to loose...etc...)

Actually.. most sensors have 2 contacts... one as a fail safy sygnal...
    Sadly.. noone in china ever bothered to wire up the second contact either.

Good luck guys..
    I would just wire up a real sensor.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think your right.
    But effectively we’ve kind of done that albeit into the stop circuit.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, guess that is what we should have all expected. Have not taken my DT02 apart because it is still working. However, some of the other clone touch off sensors that are copies of expensive alternatives when opened up where also terrible construction inside the unit. The centroid touch off unit was like $600 or something which was more than I wanted to spend. Wow when dcgregan z axis came down it did not stop. When mine has crashed my servo gets over current when it hits something solid and the amplifier errors out and saves the machine. All my other axis limit switches actual connect in series to the enable leads of all the amps so when anyone faults the machine freezes. The z axis is harder to do in this method without something that requires adjustment on each tool change.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All
    Just an update to say that we have implemented the fail safe on all 3 of our machines and all is now good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12