New Machine Build Finally Ordered My Omni 1224!

Thread: Finally Ordered My Omni 1224!

Default Finally Ordered My Omni 1224!

I'm really excited to say that I have finally ordered a CNC router from OMNI after quite a long road. I started with a standard CNC Router Parts machine which was great for something inside my house, but I've graduated to getting a shop space and have taken the dive. Down payment was made today and I will keep this thread updated and give my impressions once the machine arrives.

The machine will have a bit of a custom Mach3 control. I wanted to have the UC300ETH-5LPT motion controller so I've purchased this and am shipping it to them to be used instead of the standard card that they use. This card uses an ethernet connection rather than the standard parallel port or USB. The ethernet connection will have much less noise than the parallel port or USB connection that many Mach3 controls use and so should be much more reliable. In addition I'll be able to run the UCCNC software if I ever want to give it a try. Hopefully they do a great job integrating this card, I will be sure to let you guys know how it goes.

Here's the build:

OMNI 1200x2400x300 Router
    2.2KW water cooled spindle
    T-slot aluminum table
    Removable plasma table - I will add a plasma cutter myself when I can
    Ball screws on all axis - repeatability .05mm
    Stepper motors
    Mach3 Control

Looks like the machine should be delivered in about a couple months.

Cheers,
    Jamie

Downloads
    Uploads

Any progress reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Cos-mo-bro View Post
    I'm really excited to say that I have finally ordered a CNC router from OMNI after quite a long road. I started with a standard CNC Router Parts machine which was great for something inside my house, but I've graduated to getting a shop space and have taken the dive. Down payment was made today and I will keep this thread updated and give my impressions once the machine arrives.

The machine will have a bit of a custom Mach3 control. I wanted to have the UC300ETH-5LPT motion controller so I've purchased this and am shipping it to them to be used instead of the standard card that they use. This card uses an ethernet connection rather than the standard parallel port or USB. The ethernet connection will have much less noise than the parallel port or USB connection that many Mach3 controls use and so should be much more reliable. In addition I'll be able to run the UCCNC software if I ever want to give it a try. Hopefully they do a great job integrating this card, I will be sure to let you guys know how it goes.

Here's the build:

OMNI 1200x2400x300 Router
    2.2KW water cooled spindle
    T-slot aluminum table
    Removable plasma table - I will add a plasma cutter myself when I can
    Ball screws on all axis - repeatability .05mm
    Stepper motors
    Mach3 Control

Looks like the machine should be delivered in about a couple months.

Cheers,
    Jamie

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Finally Ordered My Omni 1224!

Hello.

Congratulations! I hope you get what you´re expecting and more. Please keep us posted.

Regards.