Why I will never purchase from Omni CNC again.

Thread: Why I will never purchase from Omni CNC again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs down Why I will never purchase from Omni CNC again.

I figured at this point I should share my experience with Omni CNC. This is a buyer beware for anyone considering purchasing through Omni. I have not received my machine. It left china on 11/5/17 and arrived in NYC on time on schedule at 12/5/17. Thats when things fell apart.

The eta to my inland port was 12/11/17. Seems reasonable, my other imports through Redsail, it has taken 3/4 buisness days to arive via LTL truck.

On the 11th I was notified that it had been delayed until the 26th. Today the 27th, I am told that it might arrive on the 29th. Basically it will have taken almost as long (maybe longer) to get from NYC to SC as it took to get from Shanghai to NYC. After many phone calls, I pieced together what happed.

Omni pays the least amount possible to ship your goods. In this instance they used a New Jersey based King Freight company. If you google this company it is listed as permanently closed. Not comforting when your expensive freight is 2 + weeks late. Upon talking with the employees at King freight they informed me that the shipment had not been expedited -- basically it will get there when it gets there. Which might work well if you live near a major port, but good luck shipping to anywhere inland. In my instance the machine was sent via rail to GA then trucked back to SC.

I understand all of this, however I was never given any options from Omni concerning shipping. Everything was marked "predetermined" or "prearranged" on all BOL and other documents. I was given no choice what so ever in this matter. I was told this shipping was going to be free. It was "free" on the China end of things but I got stuck with an $800 charge from King freight. Which is typical. However I would have gladly paid the difference to have this LTL expedited had that been an option. Now I wait as my machine gets passed off to the lowest bidder and shuffled around the country hoping that it will arrive...this year...or ever. At one point today King freight had completely lost my container and couldn't locate it in their system for a number of hours. Their excuses basically amount to well hey its an "estimate" not a guarantee.

These Chinese companies typically offer a very good value on their offerings, however, be careful with whom you do bluishness as they are not all equal. Assume nothing when dealing with Omni, and ask many questions on their prearranged shipping. I have done business with other Chinese companies every time with my freight arriving LTL with in days of clearing customs. Not the case with Omni / King Freight. Buyer beware.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Why I will never purchase from Omni CNC again.

Update: Not getting the machine until next year. ETA has been changed again to 1-2-2018. This puts it 27 days from NYC to inland port Greenville. At this point I'll believe it when I see it.

TLDR: Omni pays the absolute minimum to ship your machine, offers it for free to entice purchase and then uses a terrible freight forwarding agent, king freight to deliver. King freight will do so at their absolute leisure because of their "prearranged" agreement with omni -- which is the lowest priority possible. I am disgusted with omni and king freight. Buyer beware.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello David, thanks for your feedback about the delivery experience. It is pity to see that goods arriving late on the way from New York port to Greenville. Usually goods will be collected for which delivery to same destination. It may because of goods collection time is too long after clearing port on New York port. And thanks for your feedback on this, we have feedback it to the cargo agent of KingFreight in NewYork city, also kindly check their info:
    King Freight New York Inc
    Address:1099 Wall Street West, Suite 349 Lyndhurst, NJ 07071
    E-mail:newyork@nyc.kfui.com

There is unproper transportation way via rail, then to truck, which caused the longer delivery time on the way. And we have feedback this to this company and requested faster delivery way, like using truck delivery directly from New York port to Greenville.

Well, about the delivery term CIF Greenville, it includes the insurance, freight, all these are not free, actually it is paid still by you whatever it is cheap or expensive. We try to get a cargo agent which is at reasonable price for customers for saving customer engergy. Obviously, this time, Kingfreight let you down because of slower delivery from NewYork.

About the fee $800, it is the customs clearance fee, which is excluded in the CIF term, and should be paid by you. You could arrange any cargo agent to clear customs, including Kingfreight. It is your decision, and is not prearranged by OMNI. After we noted from you, Ada asked the cargo agent and explained the fee list to you. This fee should be discussed between you and Kingfreight, and the fee is not arranged by OMNI. And after saw your fee, and I compared the fee quatation from other 3 cargo agents, and $800 is reasonable price.

It is grateful to see your feedback about Kingfreight service in USA, and we have decided to bring more cargo agent companies in USA market for offering faster delivery and quick response with excellent delivery service, and compare their service performance regularly for excellent experience for OMNI product users. USA is the big market for OMNI, not just product quality we value, but also the delivery service we should value and improve it again and again.

All feedback from OMNI customers are expectation for our improvement, and we value it very much. David, for more messages, welcome to send email to info@omni-cnc.com for more quick response.

Amanda Cheung from OMNI, www.omni-cnc.com,
    sales@omni-cnc.com, Skype: omni-cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello David, we value your feedback, and same to King freight. When they received the feedback yesterday, replied soon. Below is the reply from King freight in USA:

" Dear Sophia,

Due to the snow storm here we have today, the warehouse has closed early so some information are limited but from what I’ve gathered, I feel the shipment was on schedule although it’s not the fastest.

First, we did not file the import entry for this shipment, so that’s get this straight. Second, the container became available in St. George warehouse in NY/NJ on Dec. 8. Their scheduled departure for Greenville, SC is on Friday or the following Monday; there are also 2 methods, direct w/ LTL trucking (2 to 4 days) or FTL via rail (5 to 7 days), to transfer and they will use whichever is suitable at their discretion. However, due to the holidays for both Christmas and New Year, it got dragged even longer. Please see below timeline for this move:

Dec. 08, 2017 – Container became available
    Dec. 15/18, 2017 – First available inland move, St. George chose to move this by rail
    Dec. 26, 2017 – Estimated arrival date to Greenville CFS, missed due to delay in Atlanta, GA.
    Dec. 29/Jan. 2 – Estimated arrival date to Greenville CFS, arrived.

St. George’s quality of service has declined after they become so dominant in CFS and IPI in such a short time and we don’t get positive result from them like we used to. We are trying out another CFS currently and if all goes well, I’d like to shift these important consolidate container from load port such as your good office.

It is unfortunate that David Fisher has complaints, I don’t blame him actually; however it is unfair that Omni and King Freight took the blame. Consignee realize in his complaints that all went well up until the arrival to NY/NJ CFS, it is after St. George took over and all hell broke loose.

Hope this new CFS will deliver what they claimed, and we will not be responsible for what we cannot control.

One other thing, I’m not sure how a $683.99 invoice become $800 in David’s complaint.

Please let me know if you have other question. "

Steve

Remark : Sophia is work stuff from Qingdao of King Freight, Steve is from office in USA.

And my reply about the delivery way is improper, cargo agent company is with professional explanation on this.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by omnicnc View Post
    Hello David, we value your feedback, and same to King freight. When they received the feedback yesterday, replied soon. Below is the reply from King freight in USA:

" Dear Sophia,

Due to the snow storm here we have today, the warehouse has closed early so some information are limited but from what I’ve gathered, I feel the shipment was on schedule although it’s not the fastest.

First, we did not file the import entry for this shipment, so that’s get this straight. Second, the container became available in St. George warehouse in NY/NJ on Dec. 8. Their scheduled departure for Greenville, SC is on Friday or the following Monday; there are also 2 methods, direct w/ LTL trucking (2 to 4 days) or FTL via rail (5 to 7 days), to transfer and they will use whichever is suitable at their discretion. However, due to the holidays for both Christmas and New Year, it got dragged even longer. Please see below timeline for this move:

Dec. 08, 2017 – Container became available
    Dec. 15/18, 2017 – First available inland move, St. George chose to move this by rail
    Dec. 26, 2017 – Estimated arrival date to Greenville CFS, missed due to delay in Atlanta, GA.
    Dec. 29/Jan. 2 – Estimated arrival date to Greenville CFS, arrived.

St. George’s quality of service has declined after they become so dominant in CFS and IPI in such a short time and we don’t get positive result from them like we used to. We are trying out another CFS currently and if all goes well, I’d like to shift these important consolidate container from load port such as your good office.

It is unfortunate that David Fisher has complaints, I don’t blame him actually; however it is unfair that Omni and King Freight took the blame. Consignee realize in his complaints that all went well up until the arrival to NY/NJ CFS, it is after St. George took over and all hell broke loose.

Hope this new CFS will deliver what they claimed, and we will not be responsible for what we cannot control.

One other thing, I’m not sure how a $683.99 invoice become $800 in David’s complaint.

Please let me know if you have other question. "

Steve

Remark : Sophia is work stuff from Qingdao of King Freight, Steve is from office in USA.

And my reply about the delivery way is improper, cargo agent company is with professional explanation on this.
    That's the sort of thing that is often discussed in these buy logs (which is why I never considered having them ship it as nothing is ever free). Hopefully you can see past this shipping issue and give a fair review of the machine once you get it.

Just as it's hard for us to review manufacturing in China it's hard for them to know a **** shipper in New York I imagine.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer2 View Post
    That's the sort of thing that is often discussed in these buy logs (which is why I never considered having them ship it as nothing is ever free). Hopefully you can see past this shipping issue and give a fair review of the machine once you get it.

Just as it's hard for us to review manufacturing in China it's hard for them to know a **** shipper in New York I imagine.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
    I wrote an article about 5 Basic Logistics knowledge You Must Learn About Importing CNC Router Machine from China – For U.S., 5 Basic Logistics knowledge You Must Learn About Ordering CNC Machine from China – For U.S., , hope could be helpful for following people in USA importing cnc router machine from China.