Omni 1325 router, 1325 plasma, 6090 laser order bad experience

Thread: Omni 1325 router, 1325 plasma, 6090 laser order bad experience

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Omni 1325 router, 1325 plasma, 6090 laser order bad experience

I was told that my order would take 15 days. It took 70 days. Not too big of a deal, I understand when things get busy towards the end of year.

I was originally quoted and paid for door delivery $3330. I know that I would be paying duties upon port arrival. When the 70 days passed, Omni said that sipping cost went way up to $5022. They were blaming it on price fluctuation because of the time that passed from original quote. Because that time passed was their fault, Of course I asked them to help meet me half way with the price difference, Omni was not having of that. So I reluctantly paid the $1700 difference. Now that the machines are in port, King freight is asking for another $1056.00 Most of the fees listed on the invoice are the same fees that were listed within the original $5022 charge. King freight is not having any of it. I own a 4m/annual manufacturing company and in 12 years dealing directly with CN have never once been taken advantage of or treated this way. Use your own fright forwarding representative guys, and don't expect anything close to the quoted lead times. My freight forwarder ran a workup and said that I was cheated out of $3000. I will add to this post when I unpack the equipment. I should have all AC servos,Extra rails, and a bunch of other accessories. Oh and it should all work!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Omni 1325 router, 1325 plasma, 6090 laser order bad experience

Umm, yeah that's nasty but also discussed at length here. I arranged shipping with our broker for that reason and it worked well. As for 15 days, it's amazing they even state numbers that off. Mine took about the same as yours.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Downloads
    Uploads

was looking into a omni 1325 cnc router as the price seamed reasonable,,,now from reading a few reviews i think ill stay well clear..........

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by voyager1972 View Post
    was looking into a omni 1325 cnc router as the price seamed reasonable,,,now from reading a few reviews i think ill stay well clear..........
    I think they are good machines overall and I found the experience close to expectations but I had done my research and tempered my expectations (especially when promised short build time).

I would look elsewhere too if looking again but I would consider them still. They had the best value of the 3 quotes I received. If they still did, I'd still buy from them.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Downloads
    Uploads

thanks for your reply,,,,,ill keep them in mind ,but i will have to do a bit more reserarch before i purchase..i would like to get something up and running for the summer,,,,,i thought about self build a while back but a decent well made machine from china would be a better option " i think "

1.We are quite sorry to hear that this client is not satisfied with this purchasing,
    The delivery delay is caused by the China Spring Festival, and also because of the China air pollution , cause our machine parts can not arrive on time, and delayed quite a long time,
    For the delay, OMNI CNC is improving the purchasing parts ways to ensure that there will be the improvement for this situation.

2.In the begining, OMNI CNC did quote the 3300USD based on 27 CBM for the DDU cost.
    But after we finish the machine, the CBM increased a lot, and become 31.2CBM. , and as China Festival Holiday is coming, the DDU cost also increased.

The*followings*are*final*door*to*door*delivery*cos t*from*American*forwarder:

1.*See*shipping*cost:*$45/CBM.*3*of*your*machines’*total*packing*volume*is *31.2CBM,*then*total*see*shipping*cost*is:*45USD*3 1.2CBM=1,404USD.

2.*AMS*$30/BL

3.Door*delivery*(via*flatbed*truck):*$1300.00*(inc l.*fuel),*from*SFO*CFS*to*Reno,*NV*89512

4.*Tarpping:*$325.00

5.*Warehouse*charge:*$320.00*(estimate)

6.*Oversize*surcharge*(LAX):*$384.00*(estimate)

7.*Oversize*surcharge*(SFO):*$384.00*(estimate)

8.*Pier*pass:*$6.00/CBM,*total*is*31.2CBM*$6.00/CBM=$187.2.

9.*Clean*truck*fee:*$2.00*RT

10.*Port*security*fee:*$25.00

11.*Chassis*rental:*$5.00*RT

12.*Chassis*split*fee:*$3.00*RT

13.*Handling:*$75.00

14.*Customs*clearance:*$90.00*in*LAX,*$120.00*in*S FO,*

****then*total*is*90+120=$210

15.*Bond:*$5.50/$1000.00*value.*Total*is:*24.175*5.5=$133

16.**ISF*filing:*$35.00

17.*ISF*single*bond:*$65.00

18.*ISF*single*bond:*$135.00*(if*late*filing)

Finally,*total*door*delivery*cost*is:

1404+30+1300+325+320+384+384+187.2+2+25+5+3+75+210 +133+35+65+135=5,022.2USD

3.Regarding the client’s feedback on the forwarder’s same cost that already paid to OMNI CNC, we are asking the destination cost details from the client, and we will compare the cost.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes , Take a look at the below as she stated. She charged all the same fees for both Los Angeles port and San Francisco port. I also was charged $1200 in the same fees from King Freight when it hit the port so Omni did not pay King freight half of the fees that I paid Omni. I also ordered 5 laser lenses, 1 mirror set, and 4 long rails with 8 trucks for replacements. Those items were not in the shipment. The guy in this thread who was considering buying the machine must have mentioned that he was hesitant because of this post so Omni contacted me trying to get me to remove the post. I said that if they sent me the missing parts at no cost then I was alter the post. They sent the 4 rails and now that they have hit the port king freight is tryi9ng to charge me $1200 in fees. Omni is now non responsive. Omni really is a terrible company who has basically stolen over $3500 from me Its still not over as I will likely be fined for "abandoning" the rails at the LA port.

P.S. one machine had damage, They are all still wrapped in plastic as I am not done doing the TI on my building, I can see that the machines have no grounding whatsoever, There is no way that they are UL or CE compliant so that might be an angle I pursue with the authorities. And all they had to do wzs make good on the original deal.

The*followings*are*final*door*to*door*delivery*cos t*from*American*forwarder:

1.*See*shipping*cost:*$45/CBM.*3*of*your*machines’*total*packing*volume*is *31.2CBM,*then*total*see*shipping*cost*is:*45USD*3 1.2CBM=1,404USD.

2.*AMS*$30/BL

3.Door*delivery*(via*flatbed*truck):*$1300.00*(inc l.*fuel),*from*SFO*CFS*to*Reno,*NV*89512

4.*Tarpping:*$325.00

5.*Warehouse*charge:*$320.00*(estimate)

6.*Oversize*surcharge*(LAX):*$384.00*(estimate)

7.*Oversize*surcharge*(SFO):*$384.00*(estimate)

8.*Pier*pass:*$6.00/CBM,*total*is*31.2CBM*$6.00/CBM=$187.2.

9.*Clean*truck*fee:*$2.00*RT

10.*Port*security*fee:*$25.00

11.*Chassis*rental:*$5.00*RT

12.*Chassis*split*fee:*$3.00*RT

13.*Handling:*$75.00

14.*Customs*clearance:*$90.00*in*LAX,*$120.00*in*S FO,*

****then*total*is*90+120=$210

15.*Bond:*$5.50/$1000.00*value.*Total*is:*24.175*5.5=$133

16.**ISF*filing:*$35.00

17.*ISF*single*bond:*$65.00

18.*ISF*single*bond:*$135.00*(if*late*filing)

Finally,*total*door*delivery*cost*is:

1404+30+1300+325+320+384+384+187.2+2+25+5+3+75+210 +133+35+65+135=5,022.2USD

3.Regarding the client’s feedback on the forwarder’s same cost that already paid to OMNI CNC, we are asking the destination cost details from the client, and we will compare the cost

Downloads
    Uploads

Just want to add my OMNI experience into the mix, as this is one of the few places I have found people talking about them.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for, so I just want other people to be aware of what you get for your very low price CNC these days

1. The time they say it will take is basically an accurate time to them shipping it. Make sure you are aware of how long a boat from China to you takes on top of that, and don't expect it to be direct either.
    2. My machine arrived in one piece (i.e. it fitted in the container fully built) so I can't speak of how easy they are to put together (but I would worry given point 3).
    3. Expect ZERO instructions for setup or operation. If you are not an experienced CNC operator do not go for an OMNI machine. You need to be able to work it all out for yourself, and in our case write our own Post Processor for the machine's G-code for certain programs.
    4. Expect to have breakdowns if you are using this as a workhorse! These machines are very hit and miss with reliability and DO NOT expect OMNI to be able to help you in a hurry. (We are still waiting for spindle bearings lol). Make sure you carry spare parts on the shelf if downtime is an issue, and source the parts from elswhere to make sure they are correct (OMNI posted us the wrong parts). If you can afford it, my advice would be to replace the broken Chinese parts with original German parts (the ones they copied) for better future and ongoing reliability.
    5. If you buy from Alibaba you can get some but not much purchase assurance. Use a Mastercard (or other credit card) if possible to help protect you further. Also you can't write reviews of your orders after 30 days have passed so don't expect any idea of long term options of their products, I would have posted a review there now if I could.

So in conclusion:
    Would I buy from them again . . . . ? Maybe, but only if they were still very cheap and they are the devil I know. Who knows the next one may be worse? Plus having multiple machines from the same manufacturer is handy for common spare parts.
    If I was starting all over again stepping out of my time machine. . . . probably not, I would go with someone else.

If you would like to know anything further please reply or contact me through the contact page of jrdf

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello JR fabrications,
    We are always at your service on all matters.

Any question about product, service etc, you could contact OMNI sales engineer. Office time: 8:30 -17:30 GMT+8, Monday to Saturday.

1. About shipping
    5 Basic Logistics knowledge You Must Learn While Buy CNC Router from China
    Suggest all clients know a little about logistic before purchasing. There are direct shipment, multi-model shipment and transhipment way. Different ports are with different shipment way.
    Whatever shipment it takes, there is only a very rough idea showing the transit time. It may be 5-10 days differences in practial transportation, the estimated destination time is never guarnanteed by the sea carrier or us.

2. There is cnc controller operation guide, and some spare parts video guide, like vacuum pump, mist sprayer, dust collector etc. See below:

How to operate cnc route with DSP controller

Dust collector installation guide

Vacuum pump installation guide

If you need more, kindly contact support@omni-cnc.com.

About the post processer, also could contact support from OMNI. I let Albert contact u to suggest you the right post processer.

3. I agree with you for some spare parts backup. Since we are far from each other, we have tried our fastest speed to handle your bearing to delivery it by express delivery way. But it still have to wait for several days to receive it. Thanks for your suggestion, and we gonna suggest omni clients with more spare parts backup just in case.

4. Your opinion is reasonable. I believe Alibaba has did some effort to protect both parties, let both of us to expect better performance from ALIBABA.

No one company or product could 100% guarnatee on quality. Any qeustion or serivce requirments from clients, OMNI react asap. OMNI did his best on delivery quality, safety and value to clients.

Today, I heard that the bearing has been arranged and any question, kindly contact us directly for more quick reply. Thanks for sharing your purchasing experience. Oh, I hope my reply did not “scare” you. LOL

Downloads
    Uploads

lol, far from it Zach, i noticed above that you guys are on this forum too.

I do understand completely the issue of distance, at the end of the day we bought from you so we know the issue there. TBH there are no UK based CNC builders so we needed to either buy from a company that had already imported or import directly from someone like yourselves and I'd always rather cut out the middle guys and speak direct with the factory building my equipment. On that note I should have said in the post above that one of the best parts of buying from you guys was how easy it was to customise our machines to our specific needs and at very litle cost which was great.

As i'm sure you can appreciate in the middle of a high stress job any downtime is a real headache,m and we are taking even further steps as you know to try and get more spares on the shelves and next year when we get the next two machines in we will try and work closely with yourselves to make sure the specs are as identical as possible parts wise so we are always covered.

My one last thing i must say though is something that makes me laugh every time i look at my machine. in all the corisondence with you both in sales and support your english has been great (a million times better than my Chinese) and there has never been any missunderstandings or issues. but the saftly labeling on the machine makes so little sense its crazy lol. I i don't get it, like i said, everyone at Omni i've spoken with speaks perfectly good english haha

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by JR_Fabrication View Post
    Just want to add my OMNI experience into the mix, as this is one of the few places I have found people talking about them.

At the end of the day, you get what you pay for, so I just want other people to be aware of what you get for your very low price CNC these days

1. The time they say it will take is basically an accurate time to them shipping it. Make sure you are aware of how long a boat from China to you takes on top of that, and don't expect it to be direct either.
    2. My machine arrived in one piece (i.e. it fitted in the container fully built) so I can't speak of how easy they are to put together (but I would worry given point 3).
    3. Expect ZERO instructions for setup or operation. If you are not an experienced CNC operator do not go for an OMNI machine. You need to be able to work it all out for yourself, and in our case write our own Post Processor for the machine's G-code for certain programs.
    4. Expect to have breakdowns if you are using this as a workhorse! These machines are very hit and miss with reliability and DO NOT expect OMNI to be able to help you in a hurry. (We are still waiting for spindle bearings lol). Make sure you carry spare parts on the shelf if downtime is an issue, and source the parts from elswhere to make sure they are correct (OMNI posted us the wrong parts). If you can afford it, my advice would be to replace the broken Chinese parts with original German parts (the ones they copied) for better future and ongoing reliability.
    5. If you buy from Alibaba you can get some but not much purchase assurance. Use a Mastercard (or other credit card) if possible to help protect you further. Also you can't write reviews of your orders after 30 days have passed so don't expect any idea of long term options of their products, I would have posted a review there now if I could.

So in conclusion:
    Would I buy from them again . . . . ? Maybe, but only if they were still very cheap and they are the devil I know. Who knows the next one may be worse? Plus having multiple machines from the same manufacturer is handy for common spare parts.
    If I was starting all over again stepping out of my time machine. . . . probably not, I would go with someone else.

If you would like to know anything further please reply or contact me through the contact page of jrdf
    Completely agree. I have 3 identical machines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk