Need Help! Okuma "D-Disk"

Thread: Okuma "D-Disk"

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Okuma "D-Disk"

I have an Okuma MA60HB with the OSP-U100M control.
    It has a full fourth machining axis with a external encoder, the machine stops feeding with no alarms, cycle light still on just sits there forever.
    even when you reset the machine and try to send it to G30P1 still just sits there until you manually move the B axis. Then you can reset it send it home start the program and it is ready to rock for another couple hours untill the same problem happens again.
    I have been chasing this for a couple days now and I believe the scale is at fault. I have been trying to find a way to turn off the scale for the B axis to see if the problem goes away.
    I called Okuma to see if they could give me a procedure to do this and they said that it is a special software disk called the "D Disk" that apparently only okuma techs get so you have to call in service. as many of these things as I have on my floor, and the company keeps buying them. one would think just maybe they could help us out.

Anyway sorry for the long post but I had to rant. any help with this illusive disk or a procedure to turn the scale off would be greatly appreciated.

John

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default D-disk

The main purpose of the D-disk was the utility function which allowed you to backup parameters, NC system files, etc. before performing a software change or restoration. This was for the 5000/7000 series machining centers. The U100 series has the utility built in - go to the maintenance mode and you can essentially do the same thing the D-disk allowed you to do. With that said, what you need to do to turn off the scale is a different procedure altogether - it involves copying files into the MD directory, unprotecting the spec code file, altering the spec code, re-protecting it and then over writing the original file with the altered one you created. There are several pitfalls and it is involved, but not impossible. You can e-mail me at: kevin@cnctechnicalservices.com and I'll explain in detail.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by kloots1 View Post
    The main purpose of the D-disk was the utility function which allowed you to backup parameters, NC system files, etc. before performing a software change or restoration. This was for the 5000/7000 series machining centers. The U100 series has the utility built in - go to the maintenance mode and you can essentially do the same thing the D-disk allowed you to do. With that said, what you need to do to turn off the scale is a different procedure altogether - it involves copying files into the MD directory, unprotecting the spec code file, altering the spec code, re-protecting it and then over writing the original file with the altered one you created. There are several pitfalls and it is involved, but not impossible. You can e-mail me at: kevin@cnctechnicalservices.com and I'll explain in detail.
    Hello,
    Please help me D-Disk Okuma OSP5000.
    Can I backup the parameter and system file?
    My Email: kntran855449@yahoo.com
    Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma "D-Disk"

The question is if the D-Disk from another machine will work on yours.
    The OSP5000 system is restored ( or re-installed ) by paper tape reader (serial) or old style ( 8" or 5" ) Floppy drive.
    Sure, you can backup parameters, you can save them to a file.
    First what I would try - transfer the copies of required files via serial interface.
    To restore parameters you can use serial RS232 interface to bring the file to the machine.
    Restore system data is a different story. RS232 interface would not work if system data is compromised.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma "D-Disk"

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    The question is if the D-Disk from another machine will work on yours.
    The OSP5000 system is restored ( or re-installed ) by paper tape reader (serial) or old style ( 8" or 5" ) Floppy drive.
    Sure, you can backup parameters, you can save them to a file.
    First what I would try - transfer the copies of required files via serial interface.
    To restore parameters you can use serial RS232 interface to bring the file to the machine.
    Restore system data is a different story. RS232 interface would not work if system data is compromised.
    Hello,
    Please support for me D-Disk software Okuma OSP5000.
    Thank you very much.