Okuma OSP500L-G rs232 program load problems - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okuma OSP500L-G rs232 program load problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    I'm new to the forum but have spent extensive time getting my laptop to communicate with my LB-15 OSP5000L-G with good success.
    I found the "A".min program number identification crap never works.
    I use "START" without the quotation marks as the first line in my program with no line number or % symbol
    on the second line I use the letter "O" and a four digit number to identify my programs the control names the program "A.min" automatically when it loads but also displays my program number in the upper right corner of the screen. I simply set my software to send press PIP, Read, and the the Write key and the code loads straight in.

I use jumpered connectors on each end for hardware handshake, nothing else worked I tried I use a DB-25 female to RJ-45 at the control and a DB9 female to RJ-45 at the laptop connected via a Keyspan USB serial port adapter.
    I run a Cat5 straight cable between the two RJ-45 jacks and communication works great.

I have the jumpered connector info etc. documented if you are interested.

It is also important to set the NC optional parameter bits correctly and also the NC optional parameter words which control baud rate etc. These settings must match those used by your communications software.

You can email me at dmcpherson@trytek.com and I'll the info as it is more than I care to type here.

I hope this helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma OSP500L-G rs232 program load problems

hello Davidhaag, hi I have a 12 lb osp500 l-g, can you send me the connection diagram of your 232 serial cable? thank you

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma OSP500L-G rs232 program load problems

Posted earlier...should work for you too. Normally I include pin 8 when jumpering 6-8-20.

Important note: After changing Okuma parameters, be sure to wait 2.5 minutes for backup to complete and then power off at breaker for at least 1 minute to allow RS board to properly reset.

Best regards,

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Okuma OSP500L-G rs232 program load problems-rs232c_setup-1-pdf  
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12