Need Help! OKUMA MB46VAE 2001 PLease HELP can pay £££

Thread: OKUMA MB46VAE 2001 PLease HELP can pay £££

Downloads
    Uploads

Default OKUMA MB46VAE 2001 PLease HELP can pay £££

Hi guys just setup my own shop with a okuma mb46vae. Ive ran okumas before but much newer than this so ive got gaps in my knowledge on using the thing. I've been through the operating manual and i think because it has all the old tool data in there it wont let me use the ATC. all other functions seem to be working. So i need someone to help me clear all data and setup the atc and teach me how to do the basics on the machine operation wise. So my main issue currently is ive put my first tool in the spindle and then tried to jog the pot number across to use a pot of my choice and it doesn't seem to move, it has power because LED is on. So maybe im just being silly and I've forgotten the procedure.

So if anyone knows the MB46 well or just the control OSPU100M, that can help contact me here or ping me an email at luke@knightsprecisionengineering.co.uk i will surely need guidance along the way so im happy to pay by the hour if I have to just to help me over the phone or skype i can pay direct bank or PayPal.

Need to get this machine going this week coming as my orders are going to start coming in so need to learn, practice and gain some confidence on the machine before then.

Luke Gernon

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: OKUMA MB46VAE 2001 PLease HELP can pay £££

The spindle, and the magazine/carousel are separate entities
    You can put any tool in the spindle manually.
    BUT,
    if you wish to use the magazine, then a tool # must be applied to that tool, so it can be assigned/placed into a pot.

Lookup your machine operation manual, the section on tool management. It should explain the use of M6, M63, M64, oversize tooling(making adjacent pots empty to accommodate large dias).
    Also how to change tool numbers of "loaded" pots
    Hint... never fill the magazine AND have a tool in the spindle, it'll stop toolchanging in it's tracks.

Downloads
    Uploads

a little addition.
    Set the tool in the spindle manually, set the number ( = name ) of the tool. Don't bother with magazine pot numbers. When changing tools different tools are placed into the same pot, don't bother with that. If you call for instance Tool number 98, OSP will set the tool named "98" into spindle. Your magazine could be 32 tools capacity and the tool maybe sits in the pot #12.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for you advice ill look at that today

Downloads
    Uploads

Would you be interested in doing an hour over videocall with me I can pay you for your time ild rather give someone some dollar just to solve my knowledge gap quickly

Downloads
    Uploads

So im struggling to clear all the tool data been through the manual it tells me to go to
    TOOL DATA SETTING - ITEM F7 DOWN TO TOO- NO* POT NO* PAGE AND KEY IN ATC WRITE. But i get command error when trying to do so my manual is 1998 and machine is 2001 i think i have an older manual not a revised edition.

Downloads
    Uploads

Problem I’m having is the manual I got online is from 1998 OSPU100M mine is 2001 and seems to be a lot different. For example clearing all tools required keyed in TCAN but on the manual it says TLCLR.

Downloads
    Uploads

did you find the manual tool set description in the manual?

Downloads
    Uploads

yes but it for some reason doesn't help I believe the manual I have is out of date.

Downloads
    Uploads

please someone liveassist this guy / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Ive offered money and still no takers LOL

Downloads
    Uploads

yes but it for some reason doesn't help I believe the manual I have is out of date
    can you take a photo of description, I will comment.
    Basically it is easy as 1-2-3.
    One related question. Did you try to set the tool into the spindle manually?

Downloads
    Uploads

It could be done in manual mode. Generally, It's very good to do step by step reading the manual. The idea is:
    1. Open door
    2. Push the button to open tool clamp
    3. Manually place the tool into spindle nose
    4. Push the button to clamp the tool
    5. Key-in the tool description. Tool number is absolutely necessary, all the rest ( offset, radius compensation ) according the situation
    6. Check if the next tool is "0"
    7. Push the button manual tool change.
    Tool goes to magazine ( you don't care to which pocket )
    This procedure is good for setting tools when you do measure offsets at the same time.
    I can't tell if the description of procedure is correct here, Door open close sequence can be different. The push button for tool description in the manual mode and so.
    Another way is to set the tool into magazine and tell in the parameters the tool number in that exactly pocket. After that is possible to call the tool into spindle.
    Should be described in detail here in this forum in the posts at about 2002. Maybe someone will attach the original procedure description taken from operators manual.