LNS bar feeder alarm

Thread: LNS bar feeder alarm

Default LNS bar feeder alarm

I’m trying to get my bar feeder running, and I have an “emergency stop line open” on the feeder control. All the safety switches will give their own alarm pop up, so I believe they are all closed. It’s an older quick load servo s2 running on my captain l370mw w/ e100l. Is this caused by the lathe?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Cris_co View Post
    I’m trying to get my bar feeder running, and I have an “emergency stop line open” on the feeder control. All the safety switches will give their own alarm pop up, so I believe they are all closed. It’s an older quick load servo s2 running on my captain l370mw w/ e100l. Is this caused by the lathe?
    Look at the machine wiring diagram e-stop line. Usually for an external device there is a link removed to connect to the e-stop line, in your case the quick load. For the control to specify the feeder it must have a secondary input for the quick load. It could be the quick load e-stop button has two n/c contacts, one for hardware e-stop in series with all other e-stop functions and one to an input card. I would check these PB switch contacts first. If ok, check machine side.

Quote Originally Posted by servtech View Post
    Look at the machine wiring diagram e-stop line. Usually for an external device there is a link removed to connect to the e-stop line, in your case the quick load. For the control to specify the feeder it must have a secondary input for the quick load. It could be the quick load e-stop button has two n/c contacts, one for hardware e-stop in series with all other e-stop functions and one to an input card. I would check these PB switch contacts first. If ok, check machine side.
    I do know when the e stop is pushed on the bar feeder controller it will alarm out the lathe.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: LNS bar feeder alarm

Yes it is most likely caused by the lathe and it is missing a normally closed contact in the E-stop circuit that opens when the lathe goes into the e-stop or non ready condition. This is sometimes also caused by not having the "system link" button on with the barfeeder interface.

in some cases this is jumpered out on the Barfeeder since an alarm signal would be generated on the lathe which would stop the barfeeder anyways.

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

I’m pretty sure the system link button works, the lathe will alarm out if you push it and the bar feeder isn’t powered up. If the bar feeder is powered up, the button will light up, but the feeder is still in alarm. The lathe will be in e stop alarm if the interface cable isn’t plugged up.

I’m assuming there’s got to be something on the bar feeder in the e stop wiring that isn’t right. I have checked all the terminals on the e stop switch and the e stop button seems to be good.

Downloads
    Uploads

The lathe also needs to send the Barfeeder an “ok” signal. It is usually labeled “Auto from lathe” or similar. The lathe must be in auto or MDI with link ON and have no alarm in order to generate the signal. Check for the output from the lathe and since this signal is just a set of closed contacts, typically the Barfeeder must supply its own voltage thru the contacts.

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.