Need Help! 4th axis speed limitations

Thread: 4th axis speed limitations

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 4th axis speed limitations

currently running a MA650 mill, with an OSP200M control and a tsudakoma 4th axis, we are machining some small auger sections but we cannot achieve the feeds we would like. when the desired feed is programmed, the machine alarms out 4204 ALARM D FEEDRATE COMMAND LIMIT OVER (REPLACING)10000D3B. any help would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 4th axis speed limitations

hy jay check attached : longword10 to be > in program value

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4th axis speed limitations-untitled-png  
    we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jay_dizzle View Post
    currently running a MA650 mill, with an OSP200M control and a tsudakoma 4th axis, we are machining some small auger sections but we cannot achieve the feeds we would like. when the desired feed is programmed, the machine alarms out 4204 ALARM D FEEDRATE COMMAND LIMIT OVER (REPLACING)10000D3B. any help would be appreciated.
    Remember, rotary axis cannot keep up with linear axes, xyz feedrate and rapid must be reduced to conform to maximum Tsudacoma feedrate if synced.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, we just looked at long word #10 on this control and it is labelled as "maximum feedrate clamp value" and it is currently set to its maximum at 200000. our programmed feed rate is maxed out at 1000 deg/min, any more and the alarm occurs. my operator is saying that he suspects that the x axis is what is holding us back, he figures the value "F1000" is causing the issue

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    if I'm doing normal three axis milling in brass say I commonly use feeds around F= 600mm/min.

If I'm doing a rotary job on the fourth axis , say 20mm diameter then I want it to spin near the max speed of the fourth axis, 150rpm.
    So F=5400 (degrees/min). Potentially that would mean that the X,Y,Z axes would also do 5400mm/min, but because the linear axes are coordinated with the rotary axis
    it's effectively the rotary axis which 'throttles' the toolpath.

Craig

Downloads
    Uploads

long word #10 ... it is currently set to its maximum at 200000. our programmed feed rate is maxed out at 1000 deg/min
    hy jay i am not sure if feed as deg/min is the way that the rotary axis deals with, or that you can compare 1000deg/min with that long word

there is too much of a difference between 200000 and 1000

operator is saying that he suspects that the x axis
    there is something with rotary axis; i solved it for lathes ( c cx cz cxz cxzy ), so i can try also for mils; i'll send you a pm / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...