Okuma mv4020 ATC 15711 error

Thread: Okuma mv4020 ATC 15711 error

Default Okuma mv4020 ATC 15711 error

New member, longtime forum browser. I have a 1999-2000ish okuma mv4020 w/ u10m controller that I acquired a few months ago, and recently have started having issues with the tool change stalling out on sequence 4. Under diagnostics it will show the "15711 switching to TS axis is not complete". I can power off the controller and back on, then I hear a click of what i assume is the pin locking the magazine wheel back. Then it will change tools again, and might run a program a few times before stalling out again with the same error. It is always cleared with restarting the controller, but will happen randomly. It seems to be where the tool changer is supposed to swing the pot down vertically where it stops. Thanks for any advice. I'm about to take delivery on another older okuma machine need to figure out how to work on these, the manuals seem of have 1000's of pages, but no troubleshooting.

Sorry I posted this in the atc section but didn’t look like there was much traffic there, sorry for the double post.

Similar Threads:

Also, I noticed the actual position on the TS axis does not go back to zero when the error occurs. It will be .095-.12

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma mv4020 ATC 15711 error

Okuma mv4020 ATC 15711 error-untitled-png

I saw that in the manual - not sure how to go about fixing it though

Downloads
    Uploads

Alot of them things just get dirty and sometimes even low on hydraulic oil that maybe drives the shot pin for the arm -----I would start maybe with the easy sutt and just make sure the pin is moving freely

My first thing was to clean all the prox switches - I thought that fixed it but not. I noticed when you look at the actual position of the TS when the tool change stalls out it will be either 359.85-0.12 instead of 359.99-0.00 when it’s functioning properly. It happens when a tool is indexed in the magazine, then when the pin is supposed to go back into the magazine to flip down the pot it doesn’t. What’s odd is it doesn’t happen every time.

Is that pin hydraulic or pneumatic?

Downloads
    Uploads

To be honest its been along time and can not remember wether it is hydraulic or not

Update if it helps, I found out how to manually move the magazine and tool change arm, I set them where I could push the pin back and forth, zeroed ma/ts, and still had issues with the ts actual position changing. I ended up removing all the tools from the magazine(12 I believe), then installing them all back in using the 1 cycle start. No issues. The first time I tried to call up a tool in MDI, it stalled out. I removed all the tools and put 5 tools back in using 1 cycle start. Made a program where I cycled those 5 tools in and out several times and had no issues.

Is there some issue that a certain tool could cause? Or is there a problem with the ATC that’s only being triggered by the quantity of tools I had? All my tools are er32 holders, except one 3” face mill, one floating tap head, and a 4” shell mill. The shell mill is large but machine specs a max tool weight of almost 26lbs.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Cris_co View Post
    Update if it helps, I found out how to manually move the magazine and tool change arm, I set them where I could push the pin back and forth, zeroed ma/ts, and still had issues with the ts actual position changing. I ended up removing all the tools from the magazine(12 I believe), then installing them all back in using the 1 cycle start. No issues. The first time I tried to call up a tool in MDI, it stalled out. I removed all the tools and put 5 tools back in using 1 cycle start. Made a program where I cycled those 5 tools in and out several times and had no issues.

Is there some issue that a certain tool could cause? Or is there a problem with the ATC that’s only being triggered by the quantity of tools I had? All my tools are er32 holders, except one 3” face mill, one floating tap head, and a 4” shell mill. The shell mill is large but machine specs a max tool weight of almost 26lbs.
    Does your magazine TS have a tool present sensor? It could be an emitter/ receiver type where sometimes the sensor doesn't "see" the tool. Clean the sensor and make sure it is centred on the tool or infra red beam can deflect not giving a tool present signal intermittently, or it's failed.