Registering library program for spindle probe on OSP700

Thread: Registering library program for spindle probe on OSP700

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Registering library program for spindle probe on OSP700

Hello all,

I am trying to register a library program on a OSP 700 control that is on a MX45VAE. The macro is for a spindle probe. I was able to set the buffer size. But when I put in the "LP OPRBE,PROBE.SSB" to register the program. I get a "5211 no subprogram ERROR 1'083'"

I tried renaming the file from .LIB to .SSB. I tried changing the OG120 to OPRBE. I tried putting the "OPRBE" and the top before the comments of how to use the macro.

The PROBEMACROS.txt file is the original file I got from the okuma distributor without any changes.

What am I doing wrong?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Registering library program for spindle probe on OSP700

hy pls share old and new file, their location/path, and path for current programs

if all those paths are the same, you don't need a library

what's the purpose of the new file ? like what the original file did not deliver ? kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

I miss explained. I got this machine last year and I am just getting around to use the probing on it. I bought a probe from an auction. There is only the one probing macro file that I have, which is the one i attached. I am saving the macro/file on MD1:, as "PROBE.SSB". Previously there was no probing macros, probing files, or G code assigned to probing. The only thing that was probing on it was the Renishaw eye / receiver.

Downloads
    Uploads

leave the file where it is, and simply use "CALL OPROBE" inside your main program

there are no files attached from you ...

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

I want to call it with a G code. I have G120 set to OPRBE. And the file which this time I think I attached, i had to change the file extension form .SSB to .txt to upload it. Then I tried to register the library program by going to AUTO, extend, F1 which is "Library P. Set" then adding "OPRBE,PROBE.SSB" so the whole line reads "LP OPRBE,PROBE.SSB". Then hit write. I get the error "5211 no subprogram ERROR 1'083'". How do i do this? What am i missing?

On another note, can I do the "CALL OPROBE" command from MDI? Just to see if it works?

Thanks for you help and patients.

Downloads
    Uploads

On another note, can I do the "CALL OPROBE" command from MDI? Just to see if it works?
    just try ... i don;t know if it works, since it is not loaded, but maybe will find it; so far, i never tried this aproach

I want to call it with a G code.
    why ? even it library works, there is no benefit from it, but will cost you memory space, that is not frequently used; on 2nd thougth, you may need it, if you desire to execute from MDI

a trick to avoid lib files, is to use instead msb files, but back-up 1st before you go there; msb is normaly for probe related macros, so ...

i am sorry, i can not help with lib registration for your machine

Last edited by deadlykitten; 09-28-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

I tried "CALL OPROBE" "CALL PROBE.SSB" "CALL OPRBE".
    All of them gave me error.

I think it is worth the memory space. At least for the moment.

Thanks for the help

Downloads
    Uploads

still error 5211 ?

Last edited by deadlykitten; 09-28-2022 at 12:20 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

In MDI I typed "CALL OPROBE" it gave me 2218 Alarm B Program bad direct: program name 2
    "CALL OPRBE" gave me 2221 Alarm B Subprogram: program name 2
    "CALL PROBE.SSB" gave me 2222 alarm B mnemonic or local variable 'PROBE'

I think I got those error because I do need it register with a G code to work in MDI as you said.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think I got those error because I do need it register with a G code to work in MDI as you said.
    i am not sure yet if you really need a G code for MDI; i will check it tomorow

please, somehow, pack your MD1 in an archive, and share it; if you can not upload here, try to share a link

those erors are mainly related to program names, etc ... those have to be fixed before you continue any futhrer ... is simple please find eror infos below :

2218 Program bad direct: program name
    Program name (a command beginning with address character O) contains characters other than alphanumerics or it contains too
    many characters.
    [Index]
    None
    [Character-string]
    None
    [Code]
    1->No character follows address character O, or characters other than alphanumerics follow it.
    2->The number of characters following address character O is more than four.
    [Probable Faulty Locations]
    O command in the program
    Program Example:
    O1*AB -> Alarm code 1
    OABCDE -> Alarm code 2
    [Measures to Take]
    Correct the O command.

2221 Sub program: program name
    No subprogram name is designated in the sequence containing a CALL or MODIN statement. Or the subprogram name
    designated in such a sequence is not registered in the program name registering stack.
    Or the value of the expression was out of setting range.
    [Index]
    None
    [Character-string]
    Program name
    [Code]
    1->No subprogram name is designated.
    2->The programmed subprogram name is not registered in the program name registering stack.
    3->When the program name was commanded with an expression, the value of the expression was EMPTY or was not
    between 0 and 9999.
    [Probable Faulty Locations]
    Program name designated in CALL or MODIN command in the program.
    Program Example:
    1) CALL Subprogram not specified
    2) CALL ??? Wrong subprogram name
    [Measures to Take]
    Designate a correct subprogram name.

5211 No subprogram
    (1)A subprogram name is not found in the subprogram file when program selection is executed.
    (2)A program name is not found for library program deletion operation.
    [Character-string]
    Subprogram name not found
    [Code]
    1->Subprogram name is not found.
    [Measures to Take]
    Make the necessary subprogram.

Downloads
    Uploads

// if someone has lib register procedure, please share it

hello again j209 using CALL from MDI triggers and error only if the procedure is not loaded in memory, otherwise it works; erorr that i receive was 2280, so it was not like the ones you allready encounterd, thus you may have some 'names' conflicts in there

also, please consider, that to measure a tool on mill p300, at least, one would also use CALL OO30 in MDI, so, in other words, executing a skip function using CALL, instead of G, in MDI, is normal

methods to load procedures into memory :
    ... system start-up auto-load, for :
    ...... *.lib : unfrotunately, can't help you with this, and i also can't find the pdf that i once had; i also don't resonate with lib
    ...... *.msb : i need to look deeper into this, but i have done in the past, so hang on, i need to do some checks ( will be back on this soon )
    ... using program select : this is fresh, i just did it a few minutes ago

as you can see, there are at least 2 alternatives besides lib; the effect, however, is identical : loading stuff to memory, but it is possible to also avoid memory useless costs / kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

I figured out what the problem was. The "083" in the error code just didn't make sense. But I thought I should look, in the macro file. And behold there is a "083".

Original snippet of the file
    (**********************************)
    ( PROBE Z-FACE )
    ( G120 P7 H_ Z_ )
    ( H = FIXTURE OFFSET TO SET)
    ( Z = Z VALUE AFTER ZERO SET )

NPS11 ( PROBE Z-FACE )
    CALL OO18 (PROBE ON )
    G15 H=PH
    G92 Z=VTOFH[999] (SET TOOL PROBE NUMBER HERE-999)
    CALL OO83 (<<----------------------------------------- this is what it didn't like)
    CALL OO10 PMOD=3 PEI=0.0 PUDT=[.300*VC50] POVT=[.7*VC50]
    CALL OO20 PHN=PH PZ=PZ
    M127
    GOTO NEND

So I deleted the Z probing cycle and was able to get it registered.

Thank you for the help

Downloads
    Uploads

hy j209 good 4 you ... sometimes, is the little things, like a missplaced char

I tried "CALL OPROBE" "CALL PROBE.SSB" "CALL OPRBE".
    1st & 3rd will work fine, as long as you have a procedure called OPROBE or OPRBE
    2nd will fail, since is not possbile to have a procedure called *.* ( dots, '.', is not allowed )
    procedure name and filename are different things

for example, is possible to have filename something.ssb, with content OPROBE ( on 1st line ) and RTS ( on 2nd line ); "OPROBE" is the procedure name, and "
    something.ssb" is the filename; when you use CALL, simply add the procedure name, not the filename procedure names always begin with O, thus they are O****

CALL O**** can be used from the program, or from MDI; in both cases, it requires the O**** procedure to allready exist

this O**** procedure can be stored inside the program file ( in *.min ), or in a separate file (*.ssb, and other extensiosn as well); if the O**** is not stored in *.min, then the file that has O**** may be in MD1, or in another folder

usualy, procedures for custom jobs, thus defined by the programer, are stored in MD1\*.ssb, while custom ones ( like those created by OKUMA team for operations like probing, optional operations, etc, that have a certain degree of complexity ) are not stored in MD1, but somewhere else, in *.msb files

in most cases, at the begining, problems related to procedures are because of conflicts between filenames, procedure names, and CALL O**** syntaxes

please, if you have questions, feel free to ask

do you still wish to use *.lib files ? kindly

Downloads
    Uploads

hello i would like to share alternative methods to *.lib files; background is simple : why put some files in your main folder and pack them to a lib, thus ain't it enough that the files are allready there ? lib files assign by default a fix fraction of memory, that is not always required, and involve the lib registration process

so, and obvious aproach, is how to always asign only required memory, and how to skip the registration process, or at least make it faster

[ library files that store procedures that are : never called from MDI ]

in this case, lib files are not a must; if used, they allow the advantage of no longer needing to load content to memory, thus if you avoid lib in such a case, then the files will always be loaded to memory, like any other program; if you still wish to use lib, then be sure that your action is justified, like you really gain an amount of time that matters; actual osp is fast enough to avoid lib, while old generations may have slower memory acces

[ library files that store procedures that are : to be called also from MDI ]

in this case, is not possible to execute the procedure, unless if it was previoesly loaded to memory

being called not only from program, but also from MDI, means that the procedure is a bit more generic, thus it serves a larger pallete of programs, like those that deal with miscelanous actions : tool changes, probes, etc

method 1 ( easy ) : put this inside your programs

Code:
      ( NOEX ) LVDB = 0
        IF [ LVDB EQ 0 ] NJUMP
             CALL O****
        NJUMP ( NOEX )
    it loads whatever procedure to memory, without actually executing it; like this, it's content can be accesed later by CALL from MDI, or from your program; it is faster than using lib as long as you can edit your codes fast; preferably automatically, like you make a setting once, then everything simply prints the same

method 2 ( hard only 1st time ) : put them inside a msb file, that are allready stored away from MD1 : so MD1 will remain clean, while adding content to a msb file simply involves open / paste / save / close ( that's faster than lib registration ), and it's content will load at next machine start-up; the msb may require also one time preparation if it was not initialy created for windows text editors

[ bonus : fast MDI inputs ]

even with such techniques, in MDI, it is still faster to manually input G*** than CALL O****, simply because of less keystrokes

being windows based, any repetitive task can be automated pretty easy, so even a longstring like T G97 S M03 M08 M42 G0 X Z M63 G42 I J, etc, can be executed with a single keystroke

thus, just like using lib files for common tasks, is possible to asign shortcuts for common MDI inputs / kindly