Problem Okuma Cadet-Made V4020 with OSP700M - Unable to move in manual

Thread: Okuma Cadet-Made V4020 with OSP700M - Unable to move in manual

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Okuma Cadet-Made V4020 with OSP700M - Unable to move in manual

Hello guys,

I recently acquired a Cadet-Mate V4020 with OSP700M for pretty cheap (scrap weight metal).

I am completely new to Okuma CNC but I have some knowledge in PLC, HMI, robots and I have AXYZ CNC.

I have the battery alarm error #4035 (memory board /battery change) on the machine. I found the 3x lithium batteries online to switch them on the cassette. However, once the older one were remove I check them out with multimeter and they seems still pretty good... around 3.6V (the new one were about 3.66V)

Few research on the web lead me to find that I need a floppy disk exchange to be able to remove the error. I don't have it and the machine have been updated with USB module. I am unable to find it on eBay or anywhere else at the moment. I will try to contact Okuma dealer but I am expecting to be pretty expensive...??

However, normally, even with the battery error is it possible to make it move in manual mode ? I am unable to move anything. Is there a HOME sequence to do prior ?

Furthermore, I saw the error 02 on the VAC III drive unit inside the electrical panel but no error showing on screen. I have no idea what it means and can't find the errors list anywhere...

However, I manage to find online the operation, electrical and controller manuals.