95 LNC8 posting from Fusion.

Thread: 95 LNC8 posting from Fusion.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 95 LNC8 posting from Fusion.

So, long story short, I have a 95 LNC8 with a OSP 5020L control. A year or so ago I got this machine and have been slowly learning it. Never had an Okuma, first CNC lathe, and I am used to working on and posting from Fusion 360 (Haas mills). So easy stuff. I have had a ton of help from this forum and most came before I was even ready to understand it. The Fusion post processor would output code for live tooling machines, and do a few other things my particular machine didn't like. It was very frustrating. Recently I was able to sit down and learn a little about editing post processors just enough to get my particular old girl to effectively utilize what I was used to working with. So in an effort to potentially help someone else who may be in the position I was in a year ago, I am laying out what I use daily on this machine. Its basically the Fusion post processor with changes made to output threading cycles in G71 and drilling cycles in line by line code, and no live tooling. I use the Micro DNC 2 unit you can buy anywhere. I can now post to a USB memory stick and upload easily to this older machine and run programs from Fusion. I realize this subject matter is very rookie and far beneath the abilities of most in this group. I just wanted to put this out there for anyone who may need it. Please feel free to send me a message if anyone needs the post processor file and info on how to use this Micro DNC for this application.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 95 LNC8 posting from Fusion.

hy artj there is no need to lose time with learning postedit, and so on

as long as there is a cam that spits code, is posible to convert it to suit any machine, by using a custom editor; such a task is fast, like you can start machining in a day or two

i can do it easy for okuma machines, but as a general rule, it aplies to any cnc

kind of automatic editor, very efective; this aproach is not new, is there for years

short story : just get a bit of experience/confidence, get okuma from auction and just find cam somewhere and a pc/laptop; crash that machine and trash your pc; you can do this 3 times in a row, and still be cheaper than a new machine + new pc and software, and faster with programing, since learning curve is short / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Default Re: 95 LNC8 posting from Fusion.

mind sharing your post processor? i'm in the same boat. 1997 LNC8 using fusion pro and struggling. I can't get it to do anything except face.