Thread: OSP5000M-G tool offset setup, MC4-VA

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: OSP5000M-G tool offset setup, MC4-VA

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Brian...
    Stop playing with the cat, you know you end up with headaches
    Yes Steve, I know you are correct.
    He has the way of making a simple request for help into complex headache for sure!!
    All Guntis wanted to know was how to set a tool length and look at the stuff Kitty has come up with.
    Far out Kitty, let people learn the simple stuff first, all your clever stuff will come in years later as they gain experience.
    You are a clever kitty, but back off a bit.

Downloads
    Uploads

hey broby, i started after i saw that guntisk's questions was answered; my replies are for you mostly, but also for whoever reads what i wrote: should make him wonder about faster alternatives

what happenes next ?
    ... beginers : such infos may seem interesting, but irelevant at this point
    ... veterans : many stick to classic methods, and, in time, their desire to do it different will get lower, as there will be other priorities for them; this happens mostly because of external factors, that don't sustain creativity

is not the 1st time i talk about 2 keystrokes zeroing, or faster restarts, etc; if someone is used to go to offset table, call, enter, how could he think that there is a faster way ? but once you only start to think that way, new kind of ideas may appear of course, someone with experience, may say how much time do i gain ? for this instance, even if you cut default time in half (or even more), there is almost nothing ( kind of 5 instead of ~15 seconds ), but, overall, all these little nothings sum up ... background idea, is how to improve all the little things, and see the benefit of going that way

about explaining tool setups, etc, thus about explaining common procedures, i recently had an idea how to make them shorter and simpler, and i will show this soon / kindly

ps : there is nothing new in this; okuma has variables, apps store, api, thus all you need is allready there; just look that way is not needed to know how to create such stuff from 0; seeing what others have done, may make one have new ideas ...

Last edited by deadlykitten; 10-02-2021 at 02:41 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

My £0,02 :-)
    Sure, it would be good to have nice layout with first things separated from advanced and top level tricks. The forum is good source of relevant advices, so it's good to have the subject discussed in details at one place. It should serve not as "single- use" advice only.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi!
    Sorry for not answering earlier- there were a lot of other things to do. After making a cable, finding appropriate DNC program, making some sort of postprocessor parody and setting correct parameters in OSP Im now able to send gcodes to OKUMA. Everything works very good. After a few attempts all that tool setting and offsets actually aren't that a big deal to worry about. I can only agree to others who have written here on forums- it however require getting used to. Actually it is very easy CNC system to work with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12