How do you back up OKUMA OSP control?

Thread: How do you back up OKUMA OSP control?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How do you back up OKUMA OSP control?

hi guys do you have procedures for backing up a 1999 OKUMA OSPU100L control ? the entire control
    i am trying to do an upgrade on the control but i want to back up EXISTING control in case upgrade failed. thank you so much.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: How do you back up OKUMA OSP control?

Do you have the set of installation floppies? Should be in the nice blue box each floppie numbered. This set is most important. Once you have it, you need to backup system and user parameters only.

Downloads
    Uploads

i do have the set
    Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    you need to backup system and user parameters only.
    do you need to be on EDIT LOCK on the NC panel / lock switch while doing the back up?

Downloads
    Uploads

"Edit Lock" is only to prevent manipulation with files. Never used normally.
    There is way to perform backup in normal edit mode where you can copy files.
    It's possible, that starting with the "install mode" and SW1 you will be presented with the menu containing backup chapter. This requires some preparations: you need to format some floppies ( 8 should be enough ) into OSP format. This way offers uninterrruptable backup process.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    "Edit Lock" is only to prevent manipulation with files. Never used normally.
    There is way to perform backup in normal edit mode where you can copy files.
    It's possible, that starting with the "install mode" and SW1 you will be presented with the menu containing backup chapter. This requires some preparations: you need to format some floppies ( 8 should be enough ) into OSP format. This way offers uninterrruptable backup process.
    What about the floppy disks to back up existing data
    so I initialize the discs on the control and format them but then I go to my computer and I can’t read them again
    I guess the question is How do you back up the control like you can use them again in case of data loss? because if I don’t initialize first I’m not able to use them to back up data
    At the same time I have the same problem with the new software that I want to install I have the files yet I can’t save them on the floppy disks since they were initialized on the control.

The original Okuma disks in the blue box we talked about ?I can read them on my computer.
    Is it the initializing process that’s wrong?
    I INITIALIZE “FD0:”
    And “1” for 1.44mb ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Okuma provides the application to read/ write OSP format disk on a regular PC. Search through this forum, there should be link to it.
    There are PC applications for making the floppy image doesn't matter what the floppy format used. This solution doesn't allow you to open the floppy and to see it's contents.
    You can open floppies on OSP. Okuma system files are well protected, however - you can't transfer them via serial communication from OSP to PC.
    On the other hand, what's the point if you open the special OSP system files?
    You can open and edit the parameter backup files, user created macro, part program and schedule program files easy - these are user created.