BLIID Drives

Thread: BLIID Drives

Downloads
    Uploads

Default BLIID Drives

I have a BLII-D 50A with a bad top board (SVCII E4809-770-069A). It's the typical power supply problem - no lights.
    Also have working spare BLII-D 150A.
    Can the good top board on the 150A be used on the 50A as-is or would it need to adjusted for 50A, and / or fine tuned to this particular 50A base?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BLIID Drives

I would advice to fix it. There is quite simple power supply philosophy applied. First initial powering comes through high power ( at least 2, maybe 5 W ) ceramic resistor. Check all on-board fuses, check the high power resistor itself if it is alive. The resistor easy to recognize - big, vertical ( not always ) ceramic thing. It is worth to try, believe me. All the rest is easy - just normal regular 12 and 5 V stabilizers. Good occasion to replace old electrolythic capacitors.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BLIID Drives

Thanks Algridas. I'll do some testing. I have several with the same problem.

The original questions remain. Can the top boards be swapped? Are they set for a particular amperage? Do they need to be fine tuned to a particular base?

Additional questions:

I'd like to get a better understanding of the operation of these drives so I know what can and can't be done. We have 5 machines that use them, totaling 25 axes.
    What is the current rating telling us? Obviously, the output transistors have a max current, but the single axis BLIV-D is rated at 100A, but has dip switches to select the current - 50A, 75A etc. Do these drives operate in current mode, i.e. for a given input %, the drives tries to set (force) the motor current to that % of the selected or nameplate output current by applying whatever voltage is necessary? This would mean that the switches on the BLIV-D are setting the full scale range.

On the BLII-D's there are 4 trim pots on the top board. 2 appear to be U phase, 2 V phase. What do these do? Are they for balancing the U and V phases with the W phase? What is the procedure for setting them?

Does anyone have schematics for these drives?
    What is the serial input command protocol?

Thanks