Need Help! LB15 SPINDLE ORIENTATION


Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: LB15 SPINDLE ORIENTATION

  1. #1

    Default LB15 SPINDLE ORIENTATION

    Hey guys, I need some help with orienting my lb15 spindle, I just cant seem to figure it out, Im pretty good good with this osp5020 control for doing canned cycles, using common variables, etc.

    I M19 my machine and nothing, y tried M19 C*** and it alarms with spindle orientation not specified,

    Im actually trying to do internal involute splines on drive plates we make for Desert Racing trucks that race SCORE international series.

    Can you guys help me here, parameter setting or programming?

    Thanx in advance...

    Similar Threads:


  2. #2
    Member broby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    775
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: LB15 SPINDLE ORIENTATION

    Quote Originally Posted by MANIAK RACING View Post
    Hey guys, I need some help with orienting my lb15 spindle, I just cant seem to figure it out, Im pretty good good with this osp5020 control for doing canned cycles, using common variables, etc.

    I M19 my machine and nothing, y tried M19 C*** and it alarms with spindle orientation not specified,

    Im actually trying to do internal involute splines on drive plates we make for Desert Racing trucks that race SCORE international series.

    Can you guys help me here, parameter setting or programming?

    Thanx in advance...
    You have answered your own question... Alarms with spindle orientation not specified = Your machine does not have the required option for spindle orientation.
    Check your data card, this should be in the electrical cabinet, this will have all options for your machine shown by way of a circle alongside the option listed.
    I would bet 100% that this option is not ticked (circled)
    Cheers
    Brian.



  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by broby View Post
    You have answered your own question... Alarms with spindle orientation not specified = Your machine does not have the required option for spindle orientation.
    Check your data card, this should be in the electrical cabinet, this will have all options for your machine shown by way of a circle alongside the option listed.
    I would bet 100% that this option is not ticked (circled)
    Cheers
    Brian.
    Well that sucks ???? would you happen to know if we can up grade this option and I could go about it?



  4. #4
    Member broby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    775
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: LB15 SPINDLE ORIENTATION

    Quote Originally Posted by MANIAK RACING View Post
    Well that sucks ???? would you happen to know if we can up grade this option and I could go about it?
    I would imagine that the cost to upgrade that old machine would be prohibitive, if it could be done at all.
    It is not just a software upgrade, it would involve hardware as well.
    That machine would have to be at least 30 years old surely?
    Cheers
    Brian.



  5. #5
    Member Algirdas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    United Arab Emirates
    Posts
    1445
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: LB15 SPINDLE ORIENTATION

    as Mr. broby adviced, check your OSP Data Management Card first. There is a little chance about this option installed on your machine.
    The alarm message could be misleading sometimes. Maybe control wants low gear engaged and half-brake engaged before M19 . . .



  6. #6
    Member deadlykitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    3284
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: LB15 SPINDLE ORIENTATION

    hy until you figure it out about the M19, you could use a shaft into the back of your spindle ( thus into the hydra cilinder hole ) with few hundreds tolerance, with a flange with through holes ( so to screw it to the frontal of the hydra cilinder ), then continue outside the machine, into a classical mechanical divider

    this should increase rigidity near the far end of the spindle, and may be enough to cut a few splines

    if the mechanical divider has play in it, use it with a divider disc that is in good condition

    for splines, you have to align the tool shank concentric with the spindle ( use a coax ), and the insert middle plane coplanar with machine ZX plane ( use a dial ); ding for more infos

    also, your machine should be able to feed without rpm, and this may require an interlock

    what are the spline dimensions ? however, be carefull, not to trash your machine, because a lathe is not designed for 'rough spline-ing'; if splines are relatively small, consider trying rotary broaching

    why not outsource these splines ? kindly

    Last edited by deadlykitten; 02-01-2021 at 02:35 AM.
    raise by handling inner self conflicts, then even more, by trying not to be alone; emotions is all that truly matters ... war against awareness started more than a lifetime ago


  7. #7

    Default Re: LB15 SPINDLE ORIENTATION

    Thanx guys, I will check tomorrow in my electric cabinet see what we have, I do have a pull broach machine with the most splines we use for the Axles, but everyone is swapping from our 1.708" 40 spline to a little larger diam. And 45 splines, and wanted to see if I can make a few on the lathe since the pull broach price is sky high.



  8. #8
    Member OkumaWiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1126
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Default Re: LB15 SPINDLE ORIENTATION

    You can get electric type spindle orientation added to your machine as it is a software only option. The Pin type has both software and hardware, so probably not possible. The base software update will probably cost you around $2500 so if you are going to do it, you should consider any other options you would like as the same time such as Cycle Time Reduction function, first level memory expansion (no hardware), NC work counter,tool life management, Load Monitor, Additional tool offsets, etc. that are software only. They can do multiple options as the same time and save you big $ over doing them individually.

    Doing a large amount of splines will cause your thrust bearings to heat up so use caution so as not to roast them. Rotary broaching is an option, but when I attempted a 24 pitch spline at a ~1 inch diameter, the spline tool failed even when stepping it up in diameter with two different spline tools. (4140)

    Good luck!

    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


About CNCzone.com

    We are the largest and most active discussion forum for manufacturing industry. The site is 100% free to join and use, so join today!

Follow us on


Our Brands

LB15 SPINDLE ORIENTATION

LB15 SPINDLE ORIENTATION

LB15 SPINDLE ORIENTATION