Okuma LU15 Alarm-A 1771 Door open/close limit switch NG

Thread: Okuma LU15 Alarm-A 1771 Door open/close limit switch NG

Default Okuma LU15 Alarm-A 1771 Door open/close limit switch NG

i was wondering if someone knew how to clear this code?

i bought a machine (LU15M) that was used by a robot operator and i am having a hard time telling it the door is closed or door is open? or it's thinking it's closed while it's not closed
    the year of the machine is 1999
    serial number 1756 OSP-U100L Control

thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma LU15 Alarm-A 1771 Door open/close limit switch NG

Does the machine have an auto door? If so the auto door commands M90/M91 must match with the Door switch signal. Try M91 in MDI and if it says “M code no spec” then you probably don’t. If you do then you will have to issue the command and have the door open and the switches confirm that it is open. Look in Check Data EC input for the signals.

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Does the machine have an auto door? If so the auto door commands M90/M91 must match with the Door switch signal. Try M91 in MDI and if it says “M code no spec” then you probably don’t. If you do then you will have to issue the command and have the door open and the switches confirm that it is open. Look in Check Data EC input for the signals.
    thanks for that. there is a message written on the back of the machine about this M91 code too i'll give it a try.

what about the check data EC input? what page should i be looking? and try that only when the M codes didn't work?

Downloads
    Uploads

I think it’s on page 1 of EC Inputs DRCL &DROP if I remember right. There is a map to your inputs with better descriptions in the Maintenance Manual.

I think it’s on page 1 of EC Inputs DRCL &DROP if I remember right. There is a map to your inputs with better descriptions in the Maintenance Manual.
    machine came with no manuals unfortunately

Downloads
    Uploads

Does the machine have any other doors such as top door as in a Gantry robot would use? M290/291 would most likely be used. After trying M90/91 does alarm go away? Does it occur immediately or after some time?

i have uploaded a short video showing the control and the alarms that come on with the control on i hope this helps better as far as understanding the situation i believe the issue with the door is the last alarm that gets up to the display

shorter video

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi MACHINATORY
    I think what problem in door lock switch,
    Door Lock Releasing in Emergency
    It is possible to open the door when the machine makes an emergency stop. However, when the
    power is shut off, or when there is a power outage, the door will not open. In such a case, release
    the door lock through the following procedure:
    Procedure :
    1- The door lock switches are located on the operation door. (See separate diagram for
    location.)
    2- Remove the cap on the release keyhole of the door lock switch, and insert the special
    release key into the hole.
    3- Turn the special release key to UNLOCK to release the lock.
    4- Open the door.
    • When restarting the machine, turn the special release key from UNLOCK to LOCK.
    • When the door is in unlock state, the machine does not operate even if the door is closed.
    • Only the person in charge shall keep the special release key.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Okuma LU15 Alarm-A 1771 Door open/close limit switch NG-door-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeyrusa View Post
    Hi MACHINATORY
    I think what problem in door lock switch,
    Door Lock Releasing in Emergency
    It is possible to open the door when the machine makes an emergency stop. However, when the
    power is shut off, or when there is a power outage, the door will not open. In such a case, release
    the door lock through the following procedure:
    Procedure :
    1- The door lock switches are located on the operation door. (See separate diagram for
    location.)
    2- Remove the cap on the release keyhole of the door lock switch, and insert the special
    release key into the hole.
    3- Turn the special release key to UNLOCK to release the lock.
    4- Open the door.
    • When restarting the machine, turn the special release key from UNLOCK to LOCK.
    • When the door is in unlock state, the machine does not operate even if the door is closed.
    • Only the person in charge shall keep the special release key.
    ok so step two is already done. for me the key doesn't do anything. whether it is in or whether it's out.

but i posted another video showing 6 other pages of alarms going off all at once i think the 1771 is the last alarm that shows up on top lol

Alarm pages messages

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    I see your video and there alarm 1707 (1708 -toggle switch) (on mashine ESL-8 SA5N) 1704 3701. I think at first you need verify parameters machine. MC USER PARAMETR and MC SYSTEM PARAMETR
    (limit X and Y).

Downloads
    Uploads

Based on your previous video, you needed to replace the left door open switch so that it is functional and verify that your door switch is in the key "locked" position. You will need to be able to clear the alarm using reset before you will be able to do anything else on your machine. You will receive multiple alarms after getting Alarm A occurrence since it kills the hydraulic unit. This will cause things like Hyd. pressure alarms for the chuck, etc. that will occur afterwards. Fisrt things first - clear the door switch alarm.
    Have you done the door switch mounting on left side yet?

Where are you located? I could possibly help if you are local.

Based on your previous video, you needed to replace the left door open switch so that it is functional and verify that your door switch is in the key "locked" position. You will need to be able to clear the alarm using reset before you will be able to do anything else on your machine. You will receive multiple alarms after getting Alarm A occurrence since it kills the hydraulic unit. This will cause things like Hyd. pressure alarms for the chuck, etc. that will occur afterwards. Fisrt things first - clear the door switch alarm.
    Have you done the door switch mounting on left side yet?

Where are you located? I could possibly help if you are local.

hi
    it was the fiber optic cables. one was defective and one was stolen from the machine. this is why it wasn't communicating hense all the alarms going off all at once.

so now the hydraulics come on and i have a door switch issue i think it's still robot operator set up. do you know how to remove it from the robot ?

Downloads
    Uploads

In the robot interface of your electrical diagrams(optional specifications) there should be safety fence inputs. They will need to be jumpered out if you are not using them. Sometimes you will get lucky and the yellow jumper wires are still in the back of the machine with numbers on them showing where they go.

Best regards,

ps>- you never said if you were local or not...

i am in london
    two hours from detroit

Downloads
    Uploads

that’s about 5.5 hrs for me if you are by Dundee and Milan. I’m a little north of Milwaukee.