OSP 700M - Cant switch Operational Methods

Thread: OSP 700M - Cant switch Operational Methods

Downloads
    Uploads

Default OSP 700M - Cant switch Operational Methods

We have a Cadet Mate 4020 with controller OSP 700M and I cannot for the life of me load any program in any mode other than Method A. NC Parameter (word) no. 11 is set to 1, the default (Large volume operation, method B). I have also tried switching it to 2 (method S) with no success. Any program selected goes either throws a buffer overflow error if too big or loads as method A if small enough.

Manually typing in PSELECT *; correctly prompts me to (1) select the appropriate program then (2) select operational method A, B, S, or M. Inputting anything other than A throws an error 308 "option error". Method M is apparently Multi volume - any idea how to utilize that?

It's also worth mentioning that the machine only has 32k of memory on MD1 and anything that fits in MD1 will load into the buffer. My goal is to be able to load slightly larger programs from MD0 and I'm stuck. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: OSP 700M - Cant switch Operational Methods

It is set using parameters ... but you can do it also on the pselect line
    add ;B or ;S after the file
    ie PSELECT *.MIN ;B <WRITE>

this doesnt allow much larger files to be used.... it just releases more buffer for storage that is normally reserved for subs, branching etc (if used)

Downloads
    Uploads

My goal is to be able to load slightly larger programs from MD0 and I'm stuck.
    hy, try "PSELECT path", where "path" for a file located in:
    ... MD1 may be "MD1:A.MIN" or
    "A.MIN" or "A" or "a"
    ... MD0 should be "MD0:A.MIN"
    ... AB0
    should be "AB0:A.MIN" ( considering that ab0 is available on your machine; like this, you can try different folders )

if it works, then add the "selection method", thus try "
    PSELECT path ;A" , "PSELECT path ;B" and "PSELECT path ;S"

so, run some combinationas between "path" and "selection method", so to figure it out if you can select from a system device <> md1, and what "selection methods" are available on your machine

NC Parameter (word) no. 11 is set to 1, the default (Large volume operation, method B)

Inputting anything other than A throws an error 308 "option error"
    it may be possible to toogle the bit value, even if the option is not installed on your machine

Method M is apparently Multi volume - any idea how to utilize that?
    i never heard of 'm'; i believe that it may allow you to select from different devices during same session, like to create a sdf that selects from both md0 and md1, probably also from other locations ... do you have manuals, or something ?

this doesnt allow much larger files to be used.... it just releases more buffer for storage that is normally reserved for subs, branching etc (if used)
    hy superman, i don't know for osp700, but on newer machine, if you switch from 'a' to 'b', then you may increase the file size from 2mb to 2gb, still having all-inclusive-buffe ( subs, gotos, etc ); 's' removes this buffe, thus allowing only linear code to be used, loading all the program in a single-shot; i added a pdf file about this for whoever is interseted, but, however, you know this, because you showed me how to use it

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    i don't know for osp700,...
    yeah, you're right
    memory on 700 thru to the 7000 is fixed. So you can't use it like the "Tardis" from Dr Who. It is not a HDD that can hold/run a large file, it is an option consisting of IC chips. They specified the memory size by how long a progam can be, if placed on the old paper tape then read into the control
    not sure, but I think 32 meters is someting like 80,000 characters ( EOB & LF are 2 characters... end of block, linefeed).... some editors can report # of characters then add # of lines to get actual filesize

Downloads
    Uploads

I've done everything you've suggested and still can only run Method A and load small programs.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    it may be possible to toogle the bit value, even if the option is not installed on your machine

i never heard of 'm'; i believe that it may allow you to select from different devices during same session, like to create a sdf that selects from both md0 and md1, probably also from other locations ... do you have manuals, or something ?
    Perhaps we don't have the option required to utilize methods B or S - this machine doesn't have any extended memory options. I do have the manuals and I can't find anything mentioning a method "M", it is only mentioned in one place in the control. I'm guessing it's just another option we don't have. Well, thanks for the input anyway guys!

Downloads
    Uploads

hy davis, you may need a soft and/or hard upgrade

try to contact kurmay, maybe he can help you; otherwise, try your local okuma rep / that's all

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...