Call Updated Sub Program

Thread: Call Updated Sub Program

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Call Updated Sub Program

Hello All,
    I wondering how can we update the data or memory of the control (OKUMA 700). Let say my main program is:
    Comments...
    N1....
    N2 CALL O0001
    M01
    N10 CALL O0001
    And my sub is: (.SSB)
    O0001
    G01 X=1.25 Z=12.
    RTS
    At the block N2 the main program call sub 0001 and execute it then M01 will stop the machine. So the question is if I update the sub 0001 with new X and Y (I can do that in my PC) and reload the sub without reload the main (PROGRAM SELECT) and continue the main program to N10. But the X and Y value still not change. And if I reload the main (PROGRAM SELECT) then the sub will be updated to new value.
    Is there any way to delete the memory to clear out X and Y value without reloading the main program so that I can continue to run block N10 with the new value?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Re: Call Updated Sub Program

hy nodo, if you wish, please be a little more specific, and explain what you wish to achieve ... you have explained the method, but you did not explained the goal, and i am afraid that the method that you wish to apply is not the best for your goal, simply because the method does not seems to be common

... you have used a linear type of code, and changed it by editing & reloading the file + praying&hoping to work
    ... you should use a parametric type of code, changing the way it behaves by using arguments inside your main program, so to avoid the need to edit & reload the file / kindly

Code:
    [ main program ]
        CALL ONODO V1 = 1.25 V2 = 12 V3 = 10/10
        M = V3
        CALL ONODO V1 = 12.5 V2 = 21 V3 = 0001
        M = V3
    M = 01 + 1

[ soubroutine ]
    (
        - you may keep the soubroutine also inside the *.min file
        - is not critical to use a different file, like *.ssb eq
    )
    ONODO(CHAU)
        G = V3 X + V1 Z + V2
    RTS

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Call Updated Sub Program

SSB is system sub and loads at power up. SUB is user sub and loads upon CALL statement.

You must choose wisely...

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Downloads
    Uploads

hy mr wizard, i was teached to use ssb, and i can tell that on osp300, they update only during program select

even more, if i delete the program after it was selected, it will still run, but it will fail if i will try to re-select it

i believe that having a soubroutine updated only during the call statement, is a trick to manage available memory, thus somehow similar to using pselect, allowing to load into the buffer only a slice of the cake i believe that having a soubroutine loaded only during the call statament leads to downtime, and for this reason i believe that it was an advantage for machines with limited memory, but i see no reason to use it on osp300

however, you made me curios, and i will look futher more into ssb*s and sub*s / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

The OSP 300 is running on Windows but the OSP 700 is not so the way they handle SSB files is different. Program select vs power up.

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.