Need Help! Simple Workshift OSP700

Thread: Simple Workshift OSP700

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Simple Workshift OSP700

Hi All,

I am a bit stuck, been a while since I have been using an Okuma lathe and need help.

I have a simple part, lets call it a washer for argument's sake. I need to run my main or sub program 20 times and workshift -3mm in Z per part.

I currently have my turning program as ring.min and a schedule program as main.sdf

I have set up the .sdf as PSELECT RING.MIN,,,Q20

M02

And the ring.min as a normal program (without any header) with a VZSHZ Z-3 AND RTS at the end

Obviously not having any luck, any pointers as to where I might be going wrong?

Thanks -J

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Simple Workshift OSP700

I would use Variable as counters and adding -3mm to your work offset every time, remember to put some IF commands in there so it stops when you reach 20 parts.

Have fun Masterblaster

Downloads
    Uploads

hy jimmy, if you wish 2 make it work by using vzshz, you have to change from sdf & min to min & ssb, because sdf is doing some stuff after each cycle, including reseting the vzshz ( because program is re-loaded )

if you wish to keep the sdf&min, you could use a common variable, in order to shift the origin, but this seems pointless, because sdf is using Q, and, because you can't read the Q value, you have to read the common variable, so sdf seems useless ... again, one more for the min & ssb combo

also, using sdf leads to downtime ( but this is it when there is limited memory )

if you wish to keep the sdf&min, and have a nice code, then replace vzshz with vzofz ( i don't know if this works for your osp )

in the end, whatever you do, you should reset the master counter ( eq reset the common variable, by para\edit, or by using a presetter program )

more tricks here ( at point 2 is a code that auto-resets the counter, located inside main program ) : https://www.cnczone.com/forums/okuma/369696-cnc.html

kindly

ps : use M02 inside *.min, and END inside *.sdf

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the help guys, looks like I need to do some more reading in the book.

Might go with the .min & .ssb option jeez they make this difficult. So easy on a Fanuc haha!

I'll keep you posted....

Downloads
    Uploads

NOEX VZOFZ = 100
    CALL OSUB Q20
    M02

OSUB
    // content
    NOEX VZOFZ = VZOFZ - 1 ( change origin before rts )
    RTS

... avoid mid-program reset / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

OK so looks like I have had some success, went with the .min and .ssb option

Called my sub prog OSUB.SSB and put OSUB as a header and RTS at the end

MAIN.MIN

N100 V1=0
    N200 CALL OSUB
    N300 V1=V1+1
    N400 G91
    N500 G50Z3.25
    N600 G90
    N700 IF[V1 LE 20]GOTO N200
    N800 M02

Now to run 2000 of these rings haha!

Downloads
    Uploads

Code:

V1 = 0
       N200 CALL OSUB V1 = V1 + 1
       G91
       G50 Z3.25
       G90
       IF [ V1 LE 20 ] N200
    M02

( . . or next shorter code . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . )

CALL OSUB Q20
    M02

OSUB
        // next line should be before rts
        VZSHZ = VZSHZ - 3.25
    RTS
    so, you open the chuck only once / 20 parts ? don't you have overhang problems, are those really thin ? just asking / kindly

ps : you can have the osub content inside the min file, thus is not critical to have the osub inside a separate *.ssb file; if program is simple ( small or few soubroutines ) then i put them all inside the min, otherwise, for more complex parts i use several ssb's, one for each operation, in order to achieve modularity

Downloads
    Uploads

Yep its a piece of seamless stainless steel tube, making decorative rings 1.5mm thick using a 1mm part off tool.

It's been running perfectly, thanks again for the help