Okuma face radius

Thread: Okuma face radius

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Okuma face radius

Hi, need some help getting a concave face rad to come into size, using IGF function and just regular G03 L function I have a radius that won't come up to size coming up small by around .005. depth is within .0004, start dia is within .0005

Radius has a tolerance of 1.250+/- .0005 and is consistently .005 undersize at 1.245R

I'm running a 55 degree diamond (left hand) .008R horizontally, Rad is 1.25R X.135 dp with a start on dia of 1.111

Tool is around .0005 below center.

Never had this issue before and any help/thoughts are appreciated.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma face radius

hy chris, sorry for the late reply, but this is your 1st post, and 1st posts are not shown immediately, but after a period of default verifications; as a result, when it appears, it is not shown on top of the forum, but towards the bottom okey, now let's put your values in milimiters :

I have a radius that won't come up to size coming up small by around 0.127. depth is within 0.01016, start dia is within 0.0127

Radius has a tolerance of 31.75+/- 0.0127 and is consistently 0.127 undersize at 1.245R

I'm running a 55 degree diamond (left hand) .008R horizontally, Rad is 31.75R X 3.429 dp with a start on dia of 28.2194
    i am sorry, i can't draw your part; pls share a drawing / sketch / use chalk, ms paint, sand, draw on a dirty bus

also, if you wish, share the program and the measuring method : you know, maybe there is something ...

Tool is around 0.0127 below center
    please, how did you measured this excentricity ? kindly

Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma face radius

Which quadrant do you have your tool nose radius defined for? This may affect how the control does tool nose comp. Like deadly says, a sketch would be helpful showing how the tool is mounted and where you are having the issues.

Best regards,

Experience is what you get just after you needed it.