Need Help! Double Arm Vertical alignment issue (Okuma Howa Millac 3VA)

Thread: Double Arm Vertical alignment issue (Okuma Howa Millac 3VA)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Double Arm Vertical alignment issue (Okuma Howa Millac 3VA)

Hi all,

I had a small crash earlier today. Nothing seems too wrong except the arm is now too low for the pot in the carousel. I've included a picture to show you what I mean. Is there a way to adjust the arm up and down? I only want to have to figure it out the hard way if I absolutely have to.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Double Arm Vertical alignment issue (Okuma Howa Millac 3VA)-20190517_133757-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Double Arm Vertical alignment issue (Okuma Howa Millac 3VA)

hy, may be a friction couple related stuff, and at least z travel soft limits had been moved. I would check the soft limits and adjust; with a bit of luck, home 1 = tool change position, will get back to normal.

if your limits are ok, then check the management data card for the z of the tool change position; maybe a program changed your home 1, but i am not sure if this is possible from code / kindly

ps : i have no clue if what i said is ok 4 your cnc; i don't have experience with your machine type

Downloads
    Uploads

What you're looking at is the arm at the toolpot in the carousel not the spindle, sorry. I didn't make that clear. The soft Z did move, but since the toolpot is off but that much I don't want to adjust the the grid shift until I get this part fixed.

Downloads
    Uploads

And the issue has been found. The crash actually did damage something - the cam roller bearing that actuates the internal atc arm that moves the sleeve up and down.

Unfortunately I didn't find this BEFORE removing the ATC arm, which means I now have to figure out how to align it.

Ugh.