Need Help! Okuma lb 15 osp 5000L-G Software

Thread: Okuma lb 15 osp 5000L-G Software

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Okuma lb 15 osp 5000L-G Software

Hello, we are struggling now witch okuma lb 15 osp 5000l-g machine, we have bubble memory error and we think that we need to reload software and parameters, we have 8 inch floppy disk with parameters, but we don't have floppy disk reader in the machine, the question if we get smaller floppy drive with parameters from okuma distributors, will we be able to plug it to our machine? And maybe there is a way to send parameters through RS32 cable? Because i know that from cable is possible to send parameters to computer and before we was sending programs from computer to machine using this cable.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Okuma lb 15 osp 5000L-G Software

The floppy set for the LB15 requires not only the floppy drive, but also has a interface board that has to slide in to the OSP rack. It's not just parameters, once the bubble goes, you have to reload system files, so no you can't load those through RS232. If you have a bubble error, 95% chance you will need to purchase the replacement SRAM board to replace the bubble card, along with the battery that will now be required for the SRAM. Bubble has not been produced for many years now..

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for your help i appreciate that, we would like to know more about SRAM BOARD, maybe you can post a link for that board from ebay or just picture. The second question is the connections is the same as bubble memory or different? And the last question if we replace that SRAM Board instead of bubble memory board how to load software in it?

Downloads
    Uploads

We had the CRP board problem before, when the machine was starting the machine gives us LIC C1 plane test NG addr error, and the machine didin't start up. So we bayed the CRP board but we are not sure that board might be a little bit different, so we are not sure that maybe this CRP board conflicts with bubble memory board and gives us now bubble memory error, or the CRP board is good, because we get an error after all test are made and the machine is booting forward
    .Okuma lb 15 osp 5000L-G Software-klaida2-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Okuma lb 15 osp 5000L-G Software-klaida2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Doesn't look like a bubble error there. That looks like a bus error for the fiber interface, like a dead operator panel or I/O...you unplug cables and put them in the wrong spot possibly?

Downloads
    Uploads

I think faulty fiberoptic cable on operation panel

https://www.facebook.com/okuma.tuning

Downloads
    Uploads

After we buyed the used cpr board from ebay it was not exactly the same but very similar because its hard to find exactly the same, and now when we replaced that board that error was solved, but then the machine loads and it gives "bubble memory error" i will post a photo when i will be in the job. So i think that we put the connections to to right place.

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe there is a way to show example of that cable? i will say to our service guy to check that cable.

Downloads
    Uploads

The error with the new cpr board and old bubble memory board :

The error with new CPR board and the new bubble memory board but as i found on internet on new bubble memory board swap need to reload software and that is not easy becouse need to have floopy drive reader and servar floppy disk we only have control disk i think paramters disk:

hi xal3r (or whoever reads) can you send me a picture of your 8 inch floppy disks? thanks, do you also have the 8 inch floppy drive? can you send me photos,