Many chips specification for Multus

Thread: Many chips specification for Multus

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Many chips specification for Multus

Hi

What is the meaning of Many chips spec for Multus machines?
    and what is the difference between MANY CHIPS TOOL , MANY CHIPS 4, MANY CHIPS 8 and MANY CHIPS 12 ?
    Which spec should I buy if I want to use triple axial holder?
    Thanks.

Many chips specification for Multus-holder-png

Similar Threads:
    https://www.facebook.com/okuma.tuning

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Many chips specification for Multus

hi kurmay, i don't have a multus, but isn't there an orientation g-code ? or is it possible to change the encoder origin, or some zero shift, from code ? there should be a parameter for that, and maybe you can acces it from code, so to avoid the special function / kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

Can anyone share program samples for multi edge cutting tools?
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Kurmay, I cant yet but as soon as I get the option for multiple cutting edges I will.

Quote Originally Posted by kurmay View Post
    Can anyone share program samples for multi edge cutting tools?
    Thanks
    I have the same triple holder but haven't registered it into the tool library yet... However, I do have a twin 80/55 tool that I use daily and it rocks! To properly register it so that it works with cas is a little tricky but doable. Instead of tool register, choose the button right next to it that says MCHP-TL register. Getting the models lined up and positioned correctly takes some playing with. I had to input and register both tools separately and choose their orientation based off this pic I'm attaching. To call up the 80 degree rougher I type TD=07030101 M323 and the 55 finisher is TD=01030101 M323. First 2 numbers are tool edge position, next 2 are turret position, then last 4 are actual tool number. So my edge positions for the twin tool are 1 and 7

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Many chips specification for Multus-1560174174886-1938749912-jpg  

Pic of turret positions.

I forgot to include that I'm on a u4000 with p300sa control...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Many chips specification for Multus-1560174415970689817671-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

How can i use tool nose radius compendation function for higher than 96 tool.
    This sample format is
    TL=05210210 BT=0 M602
    05 is tool index position
    210 is the tool/offset number
    where is nose radius?

Downloads
    Uploads

is possible to use TNRC when many chip active?

Downloads
    Uploads

hy kurmay, T* ( L D S ) may execute different arguments; try this :

Code:
     type 1 : T* ee rr tt oo ; 2 2 2 2 ; edge radius turret_station offset
     type 2 : T* ee ttt lll  ; 2 3 3   ; l : r+o, thus a combined link, somehow similar to vetf*
    difference between those 2 types, may be based on how many sets of tool compensation are there : 32 ( standard ), 64, 96, 200, 999 ...

210 is the tool/offset number
    seems you have more then 200 sets; in such a case, only ' type 2 ' may be available for your machine, considering that the ' optional data spec 200+ sets ' was installed ' normally '

for more infos, maybe you should check ' section s t and m functions ', inside the programing manual

What is the meaning of Many chips spec for Multus machines?
    may be similar to the multi-tool spec, for radial turrets; i don't have a multus, but look a bit inside the the programing/special functions manuals; there should also be a copy inside the machine hdd; if you share those, i will take a look

and what is the difference between MANY CHIPS TOOL , MANY CHIPS 4, MANY CHIPS 8 and MANY CHIPS 12 ?
    not sure about this, but may be the limit of how many ' ee ' sets are available inside the T* comand, thus if you have a tool with 3 edges, you may need ' many chips 4 ' ? also, maybe is possible to avoid this extra function, only by using wise the T comand : for example, i don't have the multi-tool function, but if i would put a tool with 3 edges, on a radial turret, on post 1, i would use T010101 T210121 and T130113

also, another thing, may be the limit for tool life management ( tool group, tool offset group, etc ) : for example, with 'many chips 4', maybe you are not allowed to declare more then 4 entities in a single management group

but, to use tool life management, you need to fix 1st the way your T comand works

kindly

we are merely at the start of " Internet of Things / Industrial Revolution 4.0 " era : a mix of AI, plastics, human estrangement, powerful non-state actors ...

Downloads
    Uploads

oh, i just had a simpler idea, that does not involve so much digging :
    ... put something in the M spindle, just to have it clamped
    ... mdi T89123456 ( try no repetitive patern, for example different digits ), v1 = veton, v2 = vetln, and maybe v3 = vetlp

v1 and v2 should tell you how the T comand works / kindly

ps :
    ... veton :
    offset number of active tool
    ... vetln : tool number of active tool ( turret/station index ) ( TN00 )
    ... vetlp : current used edge number ( Multi-edge Tool Index Opt., Mac/Mult )